07 | Her apology

Kiara walked towards the gate and saw her father waiting for her near the gate with his bike. Her eyes started to tear up again, but she somehow managed to hold them back. She slowly approached her father, who smiled, but soon the smile faded.

"Kiara, beta, what happened?" he asked, his voice filled with concern, as he noticed Kiara seemed a little down today and her eyes were puffy. Kiara gazed at her father and shook her head, "I'm fine, just have a little headache," she replied. Her father nodded and didn't inquire further, which brought her some relief.

Soon, they reached home, and Kiara got off the bike before heading inside. She saw her mother watching TV and said, "I'm home." Kiara's mother looked behind and saw her walking away already.

She glanced at her husband who had just walked in and asked, "What happened to her?" Kiara's father shrugged and replied, "She said she had a headache." Upon hearing her husband's response, her mother frowned.

It was already dinner time, but Kiara didn't even come out of her room. Her mother became suspicious about her behavior and went towards her room. She stood in front of the door, knocked on it, and said, "Kiara beta, dinner is ready..." There was no response from inside the room.

"Kiara?"

She knocked on Kiara's door again, "Beta, dinner is ready. Are you okay?" she asked. Still, there was no response from inside the room.

Growing more worried, her mother slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Kiara was lying on her bed, her face buried in her pillow. Her mother approached her slowly and sat beside her.

"What happened, Kiara?" she asked gently, stroking Kiara's hair. Kiara sniffled and lifted her head, her eyes red and watery. She couldn't hold back her tears any longer.

"I shouted at Dhruv sir... b.. because he made fun of me in front of everyone," Kiara choked out between sobs.

"Tell me everything," her mother urged, her voice filled with concern. Kiara then proceeded to tell her mother what had happened at the tuition class, how Dhruv had humiliated her, and how she shouted at him.

Her mother listened quietly. After Kiara finished telling her story, her mother wiped away her tears and hugged her tightly.

"Don't worry, Kiara. I know he's wrong, but you're wrong too. People will always say hurtful things, but it's important to remember your worth and not let their opinions define you," her mother said reassuringly.

Kiara sniffled and nodded, finding comfort in her mother's embrace. "But it hurts, Mom. It hurts so much," she admitted.

"I know, sweetheart. It's okay to feel hurt. Also, apologize for your mistake and don't be like him, okay?" Her mother continued, "It takes strength to admit when we are wrong, and by apologizing, you are showing maturity and kindness. Don't let his actions change who you are."

Kiara nodded, understanding her mother's words. She wiped her tears and took a deep breath. "You're right, Mom. Thank you..."

Her mother smiled, proud of her daughter's resilience. "That's my brave girl..."

Meanwhile, Dhruv was sitting on his bed, replaying the events of the day in his mind. He realized the severity of his actions and deeply regretted his words. He knew he had to make things right.

He picked up his phone from the side table and opened WhatsApp, "I should text her and say sorry... damn it Dhruv! You're not a kid, I should talk to her face to face," Dhruv muttered to himself.

"Hey, Kiara... I'm really sorry about what happened today. I was out of line and I shouldn't have said those things. I'm... I'm sorry,"

Dhruv was practicing his apology again and again but soon his actions came to a stop when his phone lit up from a notification. He picked up his phone from the bed, and saw a message from Kiara.

His heart sank seeing the notification, he was scared of opening the unread message. Taking a deep breath he opened the message.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry... I shouldn't have shouted at you. You're right I'm dumb, I lost my mind for a moment. You were always so friendly with us that I almost forgot that you're my tutor... I'm really sorry for shouting at you... I know I'm clumsy and a little too much. Please forgive me, I promise I won't do it again..."

Dhruv felt a mix of relief and guilt wash over him as he read Kiara's message. Relief, because Kiara was texting him first, and guilt, because he was the one to apologise not her, Dhruv took a deep breath and tightened his hold on the phone.

He was thinking for a replay but accidentally pressed on the thumbs up emoji, "shit! Shit!" Before he could unsend it, Kiara already had seen his message. He cursed under his breath and started to write his apology but Kiara sent him another text.

"Can I come tomorrow for class?"

He let out a heavy breath before deleting his text and writing another one.

"Your wish"

'Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!!!'