57 | Plan flopped.

Dhruv observed Kiara dancing with her friends, finding her adorable as she gracefully executed the lungi dance steps. A broad smile appeared on his face when she playfully glanced his way, raising her eyebrows.

However, Dhruv became uneasy as he noticed another guy standing too close behind Kiara, imitating her dance moves. Kiara remained unaware of his presence, continuing with her steps. Dhruv's jaw tensed slightly at the sight of the man moving even closer to her.

As Dhruv was about to approach them, Arjun intercepted, saying, "Where are you going, buddy? Have a drink," offering a cocktail with a smug smile. Dhruv rolled his eyes and stared at Arjun with a cool expression. "You forget I don't drink, Arjun," he remarked, attempting to move towards Kiara, but Arjun halted him once more.

"Right, my bad..."

Dhruv cast a quick glance at Arjun before refocusing on Kiara, who now wore a frown directed at the man behind her. Dhruv released a sigh, gently pushing Arjun aside as he made his way toward the man.

Dhruv approached the man with a measured calmness, trying to keep his composure. "Hey there," he said, placing a hand on the stranger's shoulder. The man turned, a smirk on his face, and Dhruv continued with a diplomatic tone, "Mind giving her some space? She's just enjoying the dance."

The guy, seemingly unfazed, smirked and replied, "Just having fun, man." Dhruv, maintaining his cool demeanor, responded, "I get it, but let's keep it respectful, alright?" He motioned for the guy to step back.

The man gripped Dhruv's collar tightly, disdain evident in his expression. "Who do you think you are to order me!?" he sneered, increasing the pressure. Kiara gasped and moved towards them, but Dhruv gently restrained her, reassuring her with a look before firmly gripping the man's wrist and pulling it away.

As Dhruv asserted his grip on the man's wrist, his tone remained composed yet firm. "Let's not spoil the fun for everyone," he suggested, trying to diffuse the escalating tension. Dhruv maintained his calm demeanor, offering the man a nod, signaling for him to back off.

Without warning, the man lunged at Dhruv, aiming for a forceful push. Dhruv, however, swiftly sidestepped the attack, displaying agility unexpected from a seemingly calm individual. Everyone gasped, their attention now fully captivated on them.

Dhruv skillfully deflected the man's aggressive move, gripping him by the collar to neutralize the situation. With controlled strength, Dhruv landed a punch on the man's jaw, causing him to stumble backward, colliding with nearby tables.

Taking a moment, Dhruv loosened the first few buttons of his shirt and rolled up his sleeves, preparing for what might come next. As he glanced at Kiara, noticing her wide, teary eyes, his expression softened. He sighed softly, offering her a reassuring smile. However, before he could say anything, an unexpected punch interrupted the brief moment.

“Ack—”

Kiara gasped, rushing toward Dhruv. She knelt in front of him, tears streaming down her face, "Let's leave this place, please." She pleaded. Dhruv shifted his gaze from her to the man smirking at them.

Arjun smirked, “time for the hero to step in,” he muttered to himself. As he approached, a call interrupted him. Furrowing his eyebrows, he answered the call, "it better be important.”

"Raid! There's a raid in the port area," someone urgently reported.

"Damn it! Tell them to execute plan B," Arjun responded, frustration evident in his voice. He glared at the scene in front of him before rushing out of the club.

Meanwhile, Dhruv and Kiara slowly got up to their feets, tenderly wiping away the tears from her cheeks. "I'm fine, my love. Nothing has happened to me," he reassured her.

“Are you going to celebrate your wedding night here?" the man said with a smirk as he walked towards Dhruv.

Dhruv's eyes narrowed, a steely determination replacing the earlier calmness. Ignoring the man's taunt, he stood protectively in front of Kiara. "You've had your chance," Dhruv retorted, his voice low but firm.

As the man lunged again, Dhruv swiftly dodged and countered with a series of well-timed strikes and kicks expertly disarming his aggressor.

In a flash, he hauled the guy down, locking his hand behind his back. "Bones? I'm an expert in the art of breaking them – from all angles. Be smart; won't find a doctor to fix you back together," he warned, before jerking his hand away.

Dhruv, his attention back to ensuring Kiara's safety, signaled for her to come towards him. Kiara almost ran to him, glancing at his injured jaw marked with shades of red and blue. "Let's leave this place," Dhruv gently urged, leading her through the thinning crowd.

⚕️

As Shanvi sifted through the files. The files in her hands revealed a complex web of illegal activities, but the absence of any connection to Arjun puzzled her. Nervously biting her lip, she scanned the surroundings for more clues. Despite knowing that Sameer and Danny were there for her, her heart raced with a mix of fear and anticipation.

"Mrs. Shanvi Shekhawat, impressive!" a voice exclaimed. Startled, she tightened her grip on the file, swiftly drawing her gun with her other hand as she turned around. However, upon realizing it was a K-9 unit officer, her guard lowered, and she holstered her weapon.

"Sir!" She stood at attention, showing respect to her senior. However, her expression shifted as she noticed him aiming his gun in her direction.

"You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" he sneered, and soon Shanvi was surrounded by his henchmen emerging from the darkness.

Shanvi's heart raced, feeling the surge of adrenaline in her veins. "I knew there would be a traitor in the department, but I never expected it would be you, Sir," she uttered, her voice laced with a mix of disappointment and determination, as she raised her gun in his direction.

"I hope you rot in hell," she stated, clenching her teeth. She then opened fire with her gun before swiftly finding cover behind a table.

Hearing gunshots, she instinctively placed her palm over her heart and looked up. Sameer was engaged in a combat struggle with a K-9 officer, throwing a punch before aiming a gun at him.

Surveying the area, she spotted additional operational unit forces, letting out a sigh of relief. As she stood up and rushed towards Sameer, when a gunshot hit her arm, causing her to groan and fall to her knees.

Despite the searing pain in her arm, Shanvi gritted her teeth and crawled towards cover. Sameer, catching a glimpse of her, skillfully disarmed his opponent and sprinted to her side, providing cover fire.

"Shanvi, love…. Stay with me, open your eyes damn it… Danny get the fucking van ready!" Sameer shouted into his earpiece, before picking her up in his arms. He glanced at Shanvi, who's breaths were getting heavier.

He looked at an officer, receiving a reassuring nod, knowing they were doing everything they could. The room echoed with the symphony of gunfire and shouts as the loyal officers clashed with the traitorous unit.

“The files—”

"Shh, nothing matters more than you right now," Sameer interrupted, his voice filled with both worry and care. As they rushed out of the port area, Sameer saw Danny opening the van's door, ready to transport Shanvi to safety and medical attention.

He gently settled her inside the van, concern etched on his face. "There's a hospital—"

"No hospitals, Danny! We don't know how many more are working for Arjun. I don't want a repeat of the trouble we just faced."

"Then where should we go?"

"...Dr. Dhruv's apartment."

"He's Arjun’s friend, what if he's also—"

"I don't think so, just drive!" Sameer urged, trusting his instincts in the critical moment.