49 | Mrs. Shekhawat?

Kiara exclaimed, "Where on earth is Shanvi? She totally spaced on me..." with a pout, but then bounced back, "Well, at least I've got food!" and off she dashed to the buffet.

Shanvi quietly used her passkeys to enter the laboratory, cautiously scanning the dark room before heading towards the technical area with determined focus in her eyes.

She retrieved gloves from her bag before settling in front of one of the computers. After switching on the desktop, she pulled out a lipstick-shaped pendrive from her bag and connected it to the computer.

Swiftly entering the password, she accessed the file containing crucial information. With a confident smile, she whispered, "Your game ends here…" swiftly transferring the details onto her pendrive.

As she prepared to gather her belongings and depart, the sound of approaching footsteps caught her attention. "Hey! Stop right there! Turn around!" a man's voice demanded. Clutching the pendrive tightly, she discreetly concealed it under her bra and swiftly powered off the computer.

Moistening her dry lips nervously, she was on the verge of turning around when the man suddenly emitted a pained groan, collapsing to the ground with a resounding thud.

"Mrs. Shekhawat, try to be more careful... I won't always swoop in to rescue you," his words echoed sternly. Steeling herself, she took a deep breath and turned to face him, Sameer.

"Thanks," she muttered, briefly glancing at the fallen body before attempting to walk past Sameer. His grip tightened on her arm, halting her movement. "Pendrive," he demanded, reaching out his hand.

Gritting her teeth, she retorted, "I'm on the brink of a promotion. There's no chance I'm handing over the pendrive to you. I put in all the effort, and now you want it? Not happening!" With a sneer, she forcefully pulled her arm from his grip.

"Talkative, aren't you? But I'll admit, your voice is something," he remarked, swiftly pulling her towards him, causing her to collide with his chest in a sudden motion.

He tightened his grip around her waist, drawing her in even closer. "Why'd you give my specially gifted dress to your friend?" His questioning tone carried a hint of force, causing her to momentarily struggle for breath under the pressure on her side.

"That was my choice!" she retorted, lifting her head to meet his gaze head-on. Sameer smirked, his hand sliding from her waist up toward her chest with unsettling intent.

Pressing against the desk, her movement was restricted as he swiftly hoisted her up, seating her firmly on its edge. With a calculated move, he ensnared her within his arms, effectively caging her in.

"Are you still angry?" he inquired, his gaze drifting down to her lips, a subtle nervous gulp betraying his inner tension.

Shanvi scoffed and delivered a resounding slap across Sameer's face. "Hope that clears things up, Mr. Shekhawat," she remarked sharply. Sameer gingerly touched the spot where she had struck him, then slowly redirected his gaze toward her.

After a brief pause, he closed the gap between them swiftly, seizing her by the nape and drawing her face intimately towards his. A deep, passionate kiss ensued, his maneuvering tilting her head slightly for better access to her lips.

Breaking the kiss, both left breathless, they locked eyes for a moment. Suddenly, Shanvi took charge, gripping his collar, and pulled him back into another fervent, passionate kiss.

She playfully nipped at his lower lip, eliciting a low growl from him. As they paused, both catching their breath, he grinned broadly. "Missed my wife so damn much," he exclaimed breathlessly, planting a tender kiss on her forehead.

Gradually planting kisses along her neck, he traced upward toward her bra, skillfully retrieving the pendrive nestled inside. "Quite the ingenious hiding spot," he remarked smugly, with a smirk, before placing a quick peck on her lips.

"Don't worry, I'll return this... the security out there is no joke. I wouldn't want you in trouble," he assured with a wink, tucking the pendrive securely into his pocket.

⚕️

Kiara savored every starter on the menu, delighting in the flavors. But a sense of confusion crept in—where could Shanvi and Dhruv be? She sighed, making her way toward the exit when a hand abruptly clasped her wrist.

Whirling around to confront the person, Kiara found Dhruv standing there, his head tilted, wearing a gentle smile. "Where are you going?" he asked. Kiara scoffed in response. "And where were you?" she shot back, countering his question.

Chuckling, he replied, "I'm sorry, got caught up chatting with those businessmen. Dreadfully dull, to be honest." He smiled as he gently wiped the sauce from her lips, causing Kiara to turn all red.

"Ladies and gentlemen, anyone in the mood for a dance?" the host announced. Dhruv shot a quick glance at Kiara, raising his eyebrows. "How about it? Fancy a dance?" he proposed.

"You know how to dance?" she queried, a faint smile playing on her lips. "Absolutely, and you?" he retorted. "Shall we then?" Dhruv asked again. Kiara nodded in agreement, and they joined the other couples, ready to take to the dance floor.

With deliberate care, he intertwined his fingers with hers, noting the softness of her palm. His other hand ventured toward her waist, tenderly settling there, as he gradually drew her closer to him.

"Are you comfortable?" he inquired, his throat clearing slightly as a deep crimson hue tinged his ears and cheeks. Kiara glanced up at him, a soft pink blush mirroring on her own cheeks.

“Yeah… I.. I am.” She replied, lowering her head.

As the music commenced, they began moving in sync with the steps like the others. Kiara felt a tinge of nervousness, her hands trembling slightly. Dhruv observed this and firmly clasped her hand, reassuring her, "Relax, you're doing great. Just follow the rhythm." He comforted her before gracefully twirling her around.

"Dh... Dhruv, sir..."

"Don't... don't call me that," he gently interrupted, securing her waist once more and drawing her closer, their faces inches apart.

“Why?” Kiara's voice was barely audible over the music.

“I'm not your tutor anymore,” he replied, smoothly leading their steps.

“What should I call you then?” she asked, trying to keep up with his movements.

“Anything but not 'sir',” he responded, his gaze fixed on hers.

“Dr. Sehgal?”

“No…”

“Then?”

“Dhruv, just Dhruv…” he uttered as they twirled gracefully.

“I can't…” she confessed, holding onto his shoulder tightly, her gaze slightly averted.

“Why? Is there any problem with my name?”

“It's just… unusual to address you that way…”

“Give it a try… for me?”

“I—”

“Please?” His eyes softened as he gently caressed her waist.

“Okay… Dhruv— sir,” she said with a smile.

“Shut up!” he chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief.