66 | Efforts matters!

Shanvi noticed Kiara working on her assignment despite being unwell. "Why don't you ask Dhruv for help?" Shanvi suggested as she packed up, she's going back as her mission was over now.

Kiara looked up, shaking her head. "It's my assignment, and he's too busy with his new role as the hospital's president," she explained.

Dhruv's strong leadership and commitment to the hospital team and patients were noticed by the board of directors. They acknowledged his skill in handling crises, especially during the recent incident involving Arjun.

Additionally, Dhruv's smart planning and dedication to enhance the hospital's operations made him the perfect choice for the presidency.

Kiara was about to graduate in a few weeks, and her journey was just starting. She smiled as she remembered how Dhruv got emotional when he had a bad dream about her leaving him.

Kiara snapped out of her thoughts when Shanvi gave her a shake, saying, "Hey, let's go! Mr. Shekhawat made dinner today." Kiara sighed and agreed, getting up. "By the way, why do you call your husband Mr. Shekhawat?" she asked, curious.

Shanvi grinned and replied, "Well, calling him 'baby' isn't my style. He's not a baby," rolling her eyes playfully as she headed towards the door.

"Why not call him Sameer?" Kiara inquired.

"Because he's my senior... Also, why don't you call Dr. Sehgal, Dhruv, huh? You also call him Sir," Shanvi teased.

Kiara nibbled on her lower lip, glancing at Shanvi. "Should I start calling Dhruv?" she asked, nervously adjusting her jacket. Shanvi nodded, raising her eyebrows, "Yes, you should. He's not your sir anymore…” Kiara let out a sigh as they started walking towards Dhruv’s apartment.

***

Dhruv couldn't believe his eyes as he looked at the mess Sameer and Vikram had made in the kitchen. He clapped sarcastically, saying, "Nice job, gentlemen! Please don't do it again.”

Sameer, while flipping the chapati, rolled his eyes and turned off the gas. "At least we're doing something here. What about you? You've been sitting in the same spot all day," he teased, starting to take off his apron. "Is your ass okay? I doubt it," he added with a grin.

They both heard Vikram's laughter, prompting them to glance at him. He was engrossed in his phone, a smile on his face. "What are you up to? I told you to get the salad ready!" Sameer exclaimed, tossing an onion at Vikram.

Vikram groaned as the onion hit his back. "Ouch! I was getting the salad ready, but my wife just sent me her pictures. I couldn't resist," he explained before reaching for the cucumber.

Dhruv sighed and shook his head before heading towards the living room. Just as he was about to sit down, the doorbell rang. "Thank goodness, my Kiara has arrived," he whispered to himself, walking towards the door to open it.

As Dhruv was about to open the door, Sameer came running and stood beside him. Dhruv gave him a side-eye before opening the door, saying, "Welcome, ladies," and extending a hand to Kiara, who smiled at him, but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

As he held Kiara's hand, he noticed it was cold. Dhruv frowned and gently pulled her towards him, placing his palm on her forehead. "Kiara, do you have a fever? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he asked, guiding her to sit on the couch.