61 | The plan.

Dhruv gazed at her tenderly, a gentle smile playing on his lips. Drawing nearer, he leaned in, aligning himself with her delicate gaze. "Thank you. Thank you for everything," he murmured softly, expressing gratitude for her mere existence. With utmost care, he traced his fingers through her hair, revealing the beauty that hid behind its strands.

Kiara's cheeks blushed with a rosy hue as she blinked slowly, a small smile blooming on her lips. Inch by inch, she drew nearer to him, until their lips met in a tender embrace. With closed eyes, they savored the warmth of each other's touch. Dhruv, taking the lead, encircled her waist with his gentle hands, their bodies pressing against each other softly.

As they tenderly broke away from the kiss, Dhruv rested his forehead against Kiara's, a solitary tear trickling down and delicately landing on her cheek. Sensing the gentle wetness, Kiara opened her eyes, her gaze meeting Dhruv's. "Why the tears?" she inquired, her voice soft, a hint of emotion tightening her throat.

Dhruv's voice quivered with emotion as he spoke, "These tears, Kiara, they're not of sadness but of overwhelming joy. In your presence, I find a calmness that fills my heart with joy, like music that soothes the soul."

Kiara's eyes shimmered with unshed tears, and she tenderly wiped away Dhruv's tears with the gentlest touch. "I never knew my existence could bring such joy," she whispered, her words echoing with deep admiration.

With a shared smile, Dhruv intertwined their fingers and softly said, "Every beat of my heart calls your name, Kiara. You are the poetry my soul always longed to write."

Kiara's gaze held a profound warmth as she whispered, "I… why are you being so soft today? I… I can't handle this softness.”

Dhruv's soft chuckle echoed, his eyes expressing deep affection. "Tonight, the emotions you stirred within me are beyond words. I want you to truly understand the depth of what you mean to me," he whispered, gently caressing her cheek with his thumb.

Kiara, unable to resist the allure of his words, leaned in for a gentle kiss. As their lips met again, the world around them seemed to fade.

****

Kiara stepped into her PG room, a subtle smile gracing her lips. In the room, Shanvi wore a furrowed brow, engrossed in files. Intrigued, Kiara inquired, "What's wrong?" Shanvi sighed, revealing a small glass bottle of anabolic steroids.

"Arjun is illicitly using these drugs. The medicines he's distributing harbor dangerous substances," she disclosed, placing the ominous bottle on the table.

Kiara settled beside Shanvi, placing her bag down. Her eyes shifted between the drugs and the file, curiosity evident. "What kind of harm can these drugs cause?" she inquired, directing her gaze back to Shanvi.

Shanvi's eyes reflected a mix of concern and determination as she began detailing the potential dangers of the illicit drugs.

"These anabolic steroids, when misused, can lead to severe health issues. From liver damage and cardiovascular problems to hormonal imbalances, the risks are substantial," she explained, her tone conveying a sense of urgency.

Kiara's expression grew serious as she questioned, “Don't medications undergo rigorous testing before they're available in the market?”

Shanvi nodded, her eyes now focused on Kiara. "They do, but the drugs Arjun is distributing aren't regulated. They're part of an underground network, escaping scrutiny and quality control. People unsuspectingly consume these substances, unaware of the potential harm."

Kiara's brows furrowed, a mixture of concern and hatred mirrored in her gaze. "We need to put a stop to this. Innocent lives are at risk," she asserted.

Shanvi nodded in agreement. "We've been gathering evidence against this illegal operation… and we have a plan…"

“What plan?”

“Dr. Sehgal.”

⚕️

Dhruv delved into the meticulously compiled files and evidence gathered by Shanvi and Sameer. "So, you're suggesting I write an article on the drug practices fueling Arjun's pharmaceutical operations?" he asked, his focus still on those files.

Sameer nodded affirmatively, "I believe if you expose Arjun in the article, it might provoke an intense reaction from him," he elucidated, producing a pendrive from his pocket.

Kiara interjected, her eyes focused on Sameer and Shanvi, "He won't take any action," she asserted. Dhruv turned his attention to Kiara and asked softly, "Why, love?" Kiara shifted her gaze from the couple to Dhruv.

"What if Arjun does something against you?" she expressed, her voice tinged with a hint of concern.

"We're there to ensure Dr. Sehgal's safety; you have our word," Sameer assured, and Shanvi echoed her agreement with a nod.

Kiara, however, continued to shake her head. "I understand you're here for him, but I can't shake off the fear. What would I do if something happened to him?" she admitted, her eyes welling up with tears at the mere thought of such a scenario.

Dhruv's initially perplexed expression softened, and he released a sigh before rising from his seat. He walked over to Kiara, leaning in to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Shanvi smiled, subtly moving closer to Sameer, who responded with a playful eye roll at the affectionate exchange.

The atmosphere in the room shifted as Dhruv whispered reassuringly to Kiara, "I understand your fears, my love. But sometimes, standing up against the darkness is the only way to protect the ones we care about…."

“But still—”

“Kiara, love. Don't be selfish, just to save your loved ones you can't jeopardize innocent lives…”

Kiara, listening to his words, lowered her head. Dhruv released a sigh and then knelt before her, gently whispering, "Kiara, I promise we'll handle everything," as he tenderly caressed her cheek.

Kiara took a deep breath, her eyes meeting Dhruv's with a mixture of resolve and vulnerability. "Okay," she whispered. Dhruv's eyes softened with gratitude, and he rose, offering his hand to help her up.

Sameer handed Dhruv the pendrive. "This holds all the evidence," Sameer stated, determination etched on his face.

Dhruv nodded, a steely determination replacing the softness from earlier. "I'll make sure every word I write pierces through the veil of deception and exposes the truth," he affirmed.