18 | Sonu & Monu.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his tone gentle and caring. Kiara, still in discomfort, managed a nod, feeling a mix of emotions.

Kiara managed a half-smile at Dhruv's worried expression. However, when Dhruv asked, "Hungry?" with a concerned look, Kiara, momentarily forgetting her discomfort, gave him a glare.

"Nah, I'm good," she said. Dhruv nodded before looking away from her. They both fell into a comfortable silence; he could hear his heartbeat at a normal pace.

Kiara licked her lower lip before glancing in his direction. "Do you know I used to live in the house right across from yours?" she suddenly spoke, breaking the silence. Dhruv turned towards her, furrowing his eyebrows. "Really?" he asked.

Kiara widened her eyes and nodded. "Yes, and my grandma said you even attended my first birthday party," she continued, playing with the sleeves of her hoodie.

Dhruv became more interested now. "Really? Why don't I remember..." he mused, tilting his head slightly. Kiara smiled softly, finding his confusion adorable.

"You were probably eight years old then, still a child, that's why you don't remember," she murmured, still admiring his cute antics.

"Do you know everything about me from your grandma? Unse mere baare mein puchti ho kya?" he teased playfully, but Kiara's face turned bright red upon hearing his words.

'How did he know?' she thought to herself, her eyes widening a bit. She cleared her throat before looking away from him. "Why would I ask about you? Don't I have anything better to do?" she defended herself.

“Yeah! Yeah! Whatever!” Dhruv said, a small smile tugging on his lips. His hand slowly made its way towards his left ear, scratching it as he started feeling shy.

Kiara blinked a few times before glancing at him again, this time from the corner of her eyes. “And your nickname is Sonu, right?” she asked, having learned this from his mother. Dhruv snapped his head towards her.

“Who told you?” he asked, his embarrassment about his nickname palpable. A mischievous thought crossed her mind. She gave him a smirk before getting a little closer, “Your mom mentioned it; she even calls you a donkey sometimes, doesn't she?”

“She doesn't call me a donkey,” he said.

“Means she calls you Sonu, such a lovely nickname for someone as grumpy as you? That doesn't fit at all,” she said, showing a nonchalant expression.

Dhruv rolled his eyes and glared at her but didn't say anything. Kiara smiled fondly when he turned away, “Even my dog's name was Sonu, it suited him because he was very cute, but you're not, not cute at all,” she added.

Dhruv bit his lower lip before turning towards her, “What was your nickname?” he asked, catching Kiara off guard. “Uh… Monu, why?” she said, staring at him with wide eyes.

Dhruv gave her a small smile before leaning closer, “I'll also raise a dog, name him Monu, isn't it a great idea?” He wiggled his eyebrows playfully at her.

She furrowed her eyebrows at him before leaning away, “It's just a name, no problem in keeping it,” she said before standing up from the stairs. “Where are you going?” Dhruv asked, getting up as well.

“I'm thirsty, going to ask bhabhi for some water,” she said without glancing back and headed towards the kitchen. Once inside, there was no one there. She approached the water purifier slowly and was about to take a glass when someone handed her a bottle of water.

She looked to her right and found Dhruv gesturing to take the bottle. Kiara slowly accepted the bottle from him and began to drink the water. “It's fresh water straight from the bathroom,” he teased playfully, but soon regretted his words.

As Kiara was drinking, she quickly spat out the water upon hearing his teasing remark. She wiped her mouth and looked at Dhruv, who was now drenched in the water she had spit out. Kiara gasped, her eyes widening at the sight of him soaked.

Dhruv stood in front of her, mouth open and eyes closed, water dripping down his face. Dhruv opened his eyes and wiped his face with his sleeve.

After he cleaned himself up, Dhruv looked at Kiara with a 'so done' expression on his face. Kiara couldn't help but laugh at him. "See, sir, it was your mistake," she said, still giggling.

"Teri toh—" Dhruv began but stopped as his sister-in-law entered the kitchen. She looked at them with a frown on her face. "Kiara, your dad has arrived," she said, still eyeing Dhruv from head to toe before letting out a small laugh.

"Okay, bye sir… bye, bhabhi!" Kiara hurriedly bid them farewell, almost tripping on her way out. "Careful..." Dhruv's sister-in-law cautioned, shaking her head at Kiara's clumsiness before turning to Dhruv.

"How did this happen to you? You look like a drenched cat. Tell me!" she asked, giggling at him.

Dhruv sighed and looked at his sister-in-law. "What do you think, sis? Who else could do this?" he asked, sarcasm evident in his voice.

His sister-in-law laughed. "Who else but Kiara!”