69 | Graduation Day.

Kiara checked herself in the mirror once more, adding a black bindi with a smile. She twirled in her saree, appreciating how well it suited her – Dhruv's suggestion was spot-on.

Her locks cascaded in gentle, loose curls, complemented by a touch of brown eyeshadow and a hint of glitter accentuating her eyes. A peach blush adorned her cheeks, while a flawless shade of nude pink graced her lips, completing a truly elegant look.

With a blink, she giggled softly, saying to herself, "today's the day," before slipping into her graduation robe. Clutching the cap in her hands, she exited her PG room with a cheerful smile.

She noticed the approaching auto and, taking a deep breath, signaled it to stop. "Saint Charles University?" she asked the driver with a smile. The driver nodded, and Kiara gathered her saree before getting into the auto.

She arrived at the venue and spotted her friends waiting outside the hall. Rushing towards them, they all entered the auditorium together. Despite scanning the room for Dhruv, Kiara couldn't find him. A sigh escaped her before she settled into her seat with her friends.

During the ceremony, Kiara noticed Dhruv taking the stage to distribute certificates. Their eyes met, and Dhruv flashed a smile before turning his attention elsewhere. As the event unfolded, students were called one by one.

“Ms. Kiara Tiwari.”

When Kiara's name was announced, she stood up and walked to the podium. Dhruv, already there with her certificate, admired her in the saree.

"Congratulations, love," he whispered while looking at the camera. Kiara, without a word, glanced at him before walking away, leaving Dhruv slightly puzzled, but he chose not to say anything.

At the graduation party, Kiara headed straight to the buffet, quietly indulging in the starters. Her mood seemed a bit off – first, no bouquet from Dhruv, and then Vikram and Reshmi running late.

"I guess I'll rely on food for company," she mused, taking a substantial bite of the aloo tikka. "Hmm, a bit bland, though.”

Observing others capturing moments with their families and receiving bouquets, Kiara couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment.

Biting her lower lip, she lowered her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "This isn't how I pictured my graduation," she whispered to herself, taking another bite and sniffing quietly.

Kiara stared at her phone, hoping for a call or a message from her parents but that never came, making her feel even worse.

As Kiara held back tears, a small hand gently tugged at her saree. Turning to see a little girl, she asked with a tender smile, "Are you okay, sweetheart?"

The girl shook her head, then shyly presented a rose to Kiara, saying, "Con-cratu-lations, didi..." The child's words warmed Kiara's heart, and she slowly accepted the rose.

"Thank you," Kiara whispered, her eyes misting up once more. She knelt down, placing a gentle kiss on the little girl's cheek.

As Kiara wiped away a tear, four more kids approached her, each holding a unique flower. The first one, a boy with bright eyes, handed her a sunflower, saying, "For the sunshine you bring to everyone's life."