42 | Sameer? who's he?

"Vikram will stay here with sir, and I'll take Reshmi with me," Kiara stated, setting down her finished tea cup.

Vikram's eyes widened in surprise, and he vehemently shook his head. "No way! Why? Why are you taking her?" he exclaimed. Kiara rolled her eyes in response. "Because she can't stay in her bridal saree forever; she needs to change. Also, I want to spend some time with my friend," she explained.

As Kiara and Reshmi prepared to leave, Vikram's eyes widened in a hopeful plea. "Can I have a moment with her?" he requested, offering a small, hopeful smile. However, Kiara immediately shook her head with a playful determination.

"Nope, sorry! It's been ages since I've seen my friend. I'm not willing to share," she declared firmly, giving Reshmi's hand a gentle squeeze.

Vikram glanced between Kiara and Dhruv, giving them an exaggeratedly disappointed look. Dhruv chuckled at his antics while Kiara simply grinned, sticking to her decision.

"Okay, okay, off you go then," Dhruv teased, waving them off with a smile.

With a playful tug, Kiara led Reshmi away, the two friends sharing a quick giggle. Vikram sighed dramatically, feigning sadness. "I'll survive somehow," he joked, earning a chuckle from Dhruv.

As Kiara and Reshmi disappeared down the hallway, Dhruv turned to Vikram with a knowing smile. "They've missed each other a lot, haven't they?" he commented.

Vikram nodded with a playful smirk. "Absolutely! And I missed you too, bhaiya!"

"Cut it out!" Dhruv replied with a playful tone while heading towards his room.

"Fine! Can I at least borrow some clothes? I didn't bring any!" Vikram pleaded.

"Enjoy wearing the same ones," Dhruv teased back, a hint of amusement in his voice.

⚕️

"Sounds like a plot straight out of a Bollywood movie," Shanvi remarked, chopping vegetables while Kiara busily prepared chapatis. "Your brother's a hero, Kiara!" she added, prompting Kiara to playfully roll her eyes at the comment.

“Oh please! He's not..” Kiara said.

Kiara winked at Reshmi, her cheeks slightly flushed. "Okay, maybe just a little bit," she conceded with a laugh.

Meanwhile Dhruv stirred from his sleep, it was the weekend, a day off from the hospital unless there was an emergency. After a brief stretch, he made his way to the balcony, eager to catch a glimpse of his Kiara, his sunshine.

He smiled at the thought of seeing her and slid open the balcony door, anticipating a glimpse of Kiara. However, his excitement faded as he spotted Vikram already standing there, exchanging glances with Reshmi, who was glaring at him from Kiara's balcony.

He sighed and returned to the living room, not wanting to get caught in the middle of the lovers' quarrel. Planning to freshen up and prepare breakfast, he headed straight for the bathroom.

Emerging from the washroom, Dhruv began preparing his protein shake when he heard a knock on the door. Placing the shake on the counter, he made his way to the door to answer it.

Opening the door, Dhruv found Sameer, Dr. Arjun's secretary, standing there. "Good morning, Dr. Sehgal," Sameer greeted, offering his usual small smile. Dhruv reciprocated the greeting, nodding politely. "Good morning, Mr. Sameer. What brings you here?" he inquired, gesturing for Sameer to come inside.

Vikram returned from the balcony as Sameer explained, "Dr. Mehra asked me to bring you some patient files for your personal review." Sameer retrieved the files from his bag and handed them to Dhruv, who immediately began examining the reports.

"Dr. Sehgal, could you please clarify what this drug is used for?" Sameer asked, offering a bottle containing some liquid. Vikram frowned upon seeing it.

Dhruv inspected the bottle containing the liquid as Sameer inquired about its purpose. With a hint of concern, Vikram leaned closer, studying the label intently.

“It's anabolic steroids… it's harmful to use them directly” Dhruv said.

Sameer's expression shifted slightly, reflecting a mixture of concern and curiosity. "Uh.. okay, thank you Dr. Sehgal but what's the use of it…” he asked again.

Dhruv let out a sigh, “Anabolic steroids are synthetic variations of the male sex hormone testosterone. They are often used to enhance muscle growth, boost athletic performance, or aid in recovery from injuries.” He said, staring at the drug in his hand.

“However, their misuse or abuse can lead to severe health issues, including cardiovascular problems, liver damage, hormonal imbalances, and psychological effects.” He added before placing the drug on the table.

Vikram gasped, “oh God it dangerous,” he said, dramatically placing his palm on his chest.

"I'll take this from here, thank you again Dr. Sehgal, I'll take my leave now," he said calmly as he stood up, gently taking the drug from the table before making his way toward the exit.

As Sameer exited the apartment and stepped into the corridor, he noticed Kiara and her friends approaching from the opposite direction, carrying food in their hands.

He glanced down when he noticed Shanvi already gazing in his direction. Suddenly, their paths collided, causing the files he carried to scatter around.

"I'm... I'm sorry!" he apologized, immediately dropping to his knees to gather the scattered documents.

"I'll assist, you guys carry on. I'll help him," she quickly assured her friends before joining Sameer in to help collect the scattered files.

"The drugs... It's harmful..."