65 | Mission successful.

Sameer released a weary sigh as he secured the handcuffs around Arjun's wrists. Their eyes locked in a tense exchange of heated gazes. Dhruv, regaining his composure, rose from the chair and directed a pointed glance at Arjun.

"I hope you understand the gravity of your actions, my friend," Dhruv remarked, a touch of bitterness in his tone.

Arjun shifted his focus to Dhruv and let out a sinister laugh. "You all rushed here to capture me, oblivious to the fact that your precious Kiara might be in danger," he said, wearing a satisfied smirk.

Dhruv's frustration surged, and he seized Arjun's collar, a growl escaping his clenched teeth. "If anything happened to my Kiara, I'll make you suffer in ways you can't imagine," he warned, his voice laced with intense determination. Arjun, however, maintained his smirk, shaking his head.

"Too late, Dhruv. My men have already taken them captive," Arjun declared with a triumphant tone, reveling in the distress he caused.

Sameer looked at Shanvi with a frown, his expression serious. "Who did you leave her with?" he inquired

"Danny-"

"Shanvi, come on!" he exclaimed, expressing disappointment.

Shanvi furrowed her eyebrows at him, stating, "Danny knows what to do, okay!" Dhruv, feeling anxious, glanced at Shanvi and asked, "Where are they now?" His heart raced at an inhuman pace.

Arjun, seizing the moment, swiftly released himself from Sameer's grip, taking the gun from him. He then pointed it at them, "You're all idiots, fucking idiots!"

He chuckled before stepping backward toward the exit, maintaining his aim with the gun. Signaling his men to initiate an attack, Sameer let out a groan in frustration before retrieving a gun from his pocket.

He fired at a few approaching men, instructing Shanvi, "Take Dhruv with you," in a decisive tone. Shanvi swiftly grabbed Dhruv's arm, urging him to move.

Heading towards the exit, they spotted Kiara and Danny rushing over. Dhruv, visibly relieved, sighed and approached Kiara with a sense of urgency. He embraced her quickly, his head nestled in the crook of her neck.

Dhruv, holding Kiara close, whispered, "I thought I lost you. Are you okay?"

"I'm okay..."

Dhruv tightened his grip, as if reassuring himself of her safety. "I can't bear the thought of anything happening to you," he admitted, his voice filled with emotion.

Kiara gently lifted his chin, meeting his gaze. "Oh my God, your face!" she exclaimed, a cry escaping her lips as she pulled him into another hug.

"We can't afford to get emotional right now, Dr. Sehgal," Shanvi remarked, urgency in her tone, as she almost pulled them toward a large container for cover.

Shanvi's eyes locked onto Danny with an intensity that could shatter steel. "You! What in the world are you doing here?" she hissed, her words slicing through the tension in the air.

A smirk played on Danny's lips as he retorted, "Mr. Shekhawat's orders, believe it or not." He rolled his eyes, seemingly unfazed by Shanvi's incredulity.

Furrowing her brows, Shanvi shifted her gaze to Sameer, engaged in a fierce combat with a henchman. "What? But why?" Disbelief dripped from every word she uttered. Danny nonchalantly shrugged, "He said it's for everyone's safety. I've to hide in the helicopter as well; I'm out. Take care, mommy!"

"You! Stupid! Go!"

***

Arjun's gaze fixed upon the sleek helicopter poised on the helipad, a confident smirk playing on his lips. His laughter echoed in the air as he approached the machine.

Suddenly, a gunshot pierced the stillness, he let out a painful groan as the bullet hit his left leg. As he staggered, his eyes locked onto Sameer, advancing with a menacing intensity etched across his face.

Arjun clutched his wounded leg, his smirk replaced by a grimace of pain. The helicopter seemed miles away as he struggled to maintain his composure. Sameer's relentless approach fueled Arjun's desperation.

Sameer, narrowing his eyes at the wounded Arjun, sneered, "Looks like karma finally caught up with you, Arjun. How's the taste of your own medicine?"

Despite the searing pain coursing through his body, Arjun defiantly spat out, "You and your little team won't hinder my escape." With sheer determination, he dragged himself towards the awaiting helicopter, his unwavering gaze locked onto Sameer, who exuded an unnerving calmness.

As Arjun settled into the helicopter, he couldn't resist a triumphant smirk aimed at Sameer before sealing the door. "Start the engine!" he commanded the pilot.

The helicopter roared to life, and Arjun shot a glance at Sameer, who met his gaze with a chilling smile. Sameer mimicked a gun with his hand, playfully signaling an explosive outcome. Arjun, clenching his teeth, averted his eyes, muttering, "Damn them," as he winced in pain.

Inside the helicopter, Arjun's satisfaction turned to concern as he realized they were heading in the wrong direction. Glaring at the pilot, he snapped, "You're going in the wrong direction idiot!" Frustration laced his words as the tense escape took an unexpected turn.

"Oh, don't worry I'll land you right where you never wanted to be..." Vikram declared, casting a sly wink over his shoulder. "Pleasure to meet you again, Dr. Arjun Mehra," he quipped, a devilish smirk playing on his lips.

Arjun let out a growl as he pointed his gun, but a sudden cloth encircled his face from behind. "Maar! Saale maar," Danny whispered as he deftly wrapped the fabric around Arjun's nose and mouth, swiftly rendering him unconscious.

"Mission successful, respect."

Sorry for the late update and the short chapter. As you all know that my exams are going on so please be a little patient. Thank you.