50 | Confessions.

"Where were you?" Kiara asked urgently as Shanvi walked over, her hair a bit messy and cheeks red. "We're almost out of chicken kebabs."

Shanvi looked at her friend with a puzzled expression, then shook her head. She couldn't believe it—here she was nervous as hell, and her best friend was just talking about food.

Shanvi's fingers clenched into tight fists as she observed Arjun's approach, his demeanor oozing with a confidence that made her pulse quicken.

"I hope you're enjoying your time here, Ms. Tiwari," his words dripped with a slick charm as he addressed Kiara, who responded with an immediate nod, masking any unease she might have felt.

Arjun casually pokes his inner cheek with his tongue before gesturing to a passing waiter for a glass of wine. “Wine?" he offers, extending it toward Kiara.

"Dr. Mehra, I actually don't drink," Kiara calmly stated, a soft smile gracing her lips as her eyes subtly scanned the room, seeking Dhruv. "Are you looking for Dr. Dhruv?" Arjun asked, a smug expression forming on his face.

“Umm yeah…” Kiara replied.

"Look over there... he's with someone special," Arjun whispered, pointing towards where Dhruv was smiling and holding hands with a beautiful lady.

Kiara swallowed nervously and nodded as Arjun glanced at her with a knowing smirk. She bit her lower lip as Dhruv hugged the lady. They were looking so perfect for each other.

“Lovely couple, right? They used to be best friends... Dhruv even had a crush on her," Arjun continued complimenting them, noticing Kiara's eyes beginning to well up with unshed tears.

Arjun noticed her trembling hands, causing him to take a deep breath before gently holding her hand. "Are you okay, Ms. Tiwari? Your hands feel cold," he said, gently tightening his grip, expressing a fake concern for her.

Kiara gently pulled her hand away, causing a slight clench in Arjun's jaw as she nodded in acknowledgment. "I'm okay," she replied softly, shifting her attention to Shanvi, who glared at Arjun with intense animosity, then returned to Kiara with a comforting look.

“Alright then, enjoy.” He said before leaving from there.

As soon as he left, a tear escaped from Kiara's eye and trailed down her cheek. "I... I told y.. you Shanvi... he and I can never be together," Kiara faltered, her voice filled with emotion as she lowered her head, struggling to keep herself from falling apart.

Shanvi remained tight-lipped, eyeing Dhruv who was still being all lovey dovey with the lady. Turning back to Kiara, she quipped, "babygirl! It's better to regret now then regret later," she advised, grabbing the bottle of scotch before handing it to her.

Kiara glanced at the scotch bottle, then met Shanvi's gaze. Shanvi raised her eyebrows, silently encouraging her to take a sip for courage. "This might help," she suggested gently, offering a supportive smile.

"What if I end up acting weird? What if he ends up disliking me?" Kiara expressed her concern, still holding the bottle carefully, apprehensive about the potential outcomes.

"You're always a bit quirky! And honestly, who cares if he ends up hating you... Just go talk to him. If he turns you down, well, we can entertain the idea of rearranging his nose!" Shanvi joked, giving Kiara's shoulders a reassuring pat, trying to lighten the mood and offer support.

Kiara chuckled softly at Shanvi's attempt to lighten the mood. "Rearranging his nose? No! That's the best feature I want in my kids…" she sniffed slightly.

Shanvi grinned, nudging Kiara gently. “Kids huh? And if he doesn't appreciate you being you, then he's missing out on something amazing," she encouraged warmly, her eyes reflecting unwavering support for her best friend.