62 | Arjun's reality.

“What the fuck do you mean? Damnit!”

Arjun threw the file across the room, he was fuming in anger. Arjun was furious as he looked around the room. He had been caught red-handed with evidence exposing his illegal operations. Files and details revealed the truth, breaking down the empire he had carefully built.

The article gained traction, and the city started talking about the dark side of Arjun's pharmaceutical business. People began to question the safety of the medicines they were using.

Arjun grabbed the phone from his desk before dialing a number, soon the person from the other side answered his call.

“Hello?”

“What do you think you're doing?”

“Exposing the truth—”

“Oh fuck it!”

Arjun's furious voice echoed through the phone as he confronted Dhruv.

“You think you can expose me, Dhruv? You're playing with fire.”

Dhruv let out a scoff, “Arjun, your empire of lies is about to crumble. I'm just the messenger.”

Arjun rolled his eyes in annoyance, tightening his hold on the phone, “Messenger of what? Your self-righteous nonsense? You have no idea what you've done.”

“Revealed the truth, Arjun. Something you've been hiding behind for far too long.”

“You've dug your own grave, Dhruv. I hope you're ready for the fallout…”

Dhruv blinked his eyes, his jaw clenched, “I'm ready for it… show your power… my friend.”

Arjun released a frustrated sigh, tossing the phone aside. His tired eyes met Sameer's as he spoke, "Sameer, you're aware of what needs to be done, right?"

"Absolutely, Dr. Mehra.”

***
As Dhruv prepared for the impending confrontation, Danny handed him a transmitter along with a microphone. "Put this on," Danny instructed, his tone serious.

"Dr. Sehgal, stay calm and act as if nothing is wrong," he reassured Dhruv, who nodded in understanding. Dhruv's gaze shifted to Kiara, whose eyes betrayed a mix of worry and fear.

In the room's tense atmosphere, Dhruv took a moment to gently cup Kiara's face, offering a reassuring smile. "I'll be back, Kiara. Trust me," he whispered, his words a promise that echoed with determination. Kiara nodded, her eyes reflecting a mixture of concern and belief in him.

"Take care of yourself..."

"I will..."

Shanvi emerged from the room, holding a shotgun. "Dr. Sehgal, don't worry. Mr. Shekhawat assured us they'll only attempt to abduct you. The rest, Mr. Shekhawat will handle there," she explained, preparing to access the laptop.

"Danny, once I signal, inform the Operational unit immediately, okay?"

"Yes, mommy!"

Kiara glanced at the young boy, who grinned in response. "I'll go with him," she suggested. Dhruv swiftly turned his gaze toward her and shook his head, his voice taking a slightly stern tone, "You'll stay here, safe," he insisted.