13. One Year Later

(Transformers and Trash of the County are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the comics.
"talking"
'thinking'
-comm speech-
Enjoy!)

After contemplating and talking it over with Elita One and Starscream the two leaders had agreed to go to the meeting. Both advisors thought it would be smarter for them to feel out the other leaders from other countries to make better decisions. Optimus did not enjoy such meetings and neither did Megatron but as leaders it was their duty to keep up appearances and friendly relations. Politics was exhausting but for the sake of their people and loved ones they would endure it. Also from what Lennox had told them, it sounds like the King of UAE wished to meet with them to feel them out as well. Perhaps they could come up with some contracts both sides agreed with just like their positive agreement with India.

The two had noticed Galloway specifically had a very sour look on his face when that particular contract with that large country had positive impacts. China, Japan and a few other countries had followed the same approach and instead of weaponry they had also opted for shared knowledge of their own home solar system. The last few weeks scientists from both the Autobot and Decepticon sides had given lectures at selected conferences. Optimus however had the feeling the young students were too distracted by the alien robot to pay attention to the actual class. Their innocence and awe were just adorable and Optimus hoped one day he would see similar looks on their own sparklings.

Megatron activated his holoform, "We are here."

Bumblebee, "There's a lot of them."

Sam grumbled fixing his tie, "Do I have to wear this? This is so stuffy."

Miles chuckled, "You used to wear it before."

Sam rolled his eyes, "Before, not anymore."

Optimus laughed, "I understand your feelings."

Megatron's holo form raised his arm, "Sam, shall we?"

Sam nodded accepting the arm, "Might as well. I am happy my parents along with Ratchet and Soundwave agreed to watch over the three bitlets."

Optimus shivered, "Telling them you are now a father was a challenge and a half."

Miles snorted, "Judy was ready to kill and bury you, all by herself."

Sam, "Luckily, my kids are adorable and won her heart very easily. I am so proud of them.

Megatron, "As you should be. They are fast learners too."

Bumblebee, "Yes, I do not recall any of the other sparklings at the sparkling center learning so quickly."

Sam, "I hope they will be alright."

Megatron, "Fear not, Soundwave has raised his cassettes on his own. They will be fine."

Bumblebee wove his holo form's fingers with Optimus's fingers, "Let's do this."

The King of UAE was a very old man who was very active and excited to meet them even going as far as patting Sam's head, as if he was one of his own kids. Sam got a flashback to his time in the Vampire capital where Dike Fredo would always try to adopt him as his heir. It was strangely nice to talk to the older man though Sam's Arabic pronunciation had a lot to be desired, his grammar was however decent at least. The King was pleased by the effort and mentioned most Americans did not bother learning languages outside of English. Sam mentioned his family was a mix of different cultures and religions so it was not odd for the Witwicky children to learn more than one language. The King eyed him shrewdly and asked if he was learning Cybertronian language as well to which Sam had nodded in answer.