23. Gods are weird

(Transformers and Trash of the Count are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot.
"Talking"
'thinking'
-comm speech-
Enjoy!)

Sam woke up to see everyone watching him worriedly, "Primus sends his greetings."

Optimus gaped at that, "Primus? Did you not meet the Primes?"

Sam stretched his arms, "I did but I think I shocked them speechless. Oh and, the Fallen was being cuddled by Primus."

Ironhide was stupefied this time, "He was being what?"

Sam nodded while thinking back, "Yep, he reminded me of a cat."

Megatron snorted amused, "I wish I could have seen that."

Ratchet cursed when some of the Cybertronians he was working on crashed, "Sam, for the love of Primus, please stop crashing them."

Sam hollered back, "Not my fault they were nosey."

Ratchet grumbled, "I have to be the one to deal with them."

Sam felt a little bad, "Sorry Ratchet, where are we currently?"

Chromia spoke up, "Diego Garcia. South of India. Are you really ok?"

Sam smiled, "Cool! Do not worry, I am alright."

Elita One was looking at him with wide optics, "You really talked to Primus?"

Arcee, "Like really talked?"

Sam nodded, "Mmm, he was worried when some of his Prime's sparks did not return to him though he felt them leave the plane of the living."

Jazz tilted his helm, "Oh, so the sparks are with him now?"

Sam shook his head, "Not till we return the Matrix no, they won't be. The God of Death explained a few things before I left them."

As it turns out planet Earth just like Cybertron has her own realm of the dead where the spirits of the living go to after passing on. But unluckily for the Primes their sparks belong to Primus not to planet Earth, so they are unable to enter the realm. That caused them to be stranded inside the in - between, a place between the living and the dead realm. They had been stuck in limbo for thousands of years till the time Optimus launched the Allspark into space and it came to Earth. The Cube had apparently followed the weak spark signal which read like the Primes to this planet. If not for that the Cube would have ended up somewhere else entirely different from Earth.

Optimus was now in deep thought, "So, it was mere coincidence and luck, that led us here?"

Sam looked at him, "Not exactly no, as a Prime, you have codes that incite certain instincts which lead to strange actions. Actions that make no sense till later on down the line."

Bumblebee concluded, "So, Optimus launching the Cube was not just because of the War?"

Sam, "According to the Allspark no, it is not. It was an amalgamation of different instincts. The Allspark chose you as a Prime, Optimus, so your first instinct will be to protect them and their sparklings. The Primes may all be older than you but to the Allspark they are their sparkling."

Optimus vented out a breath then started to laugh, "I always wondered why I thought it was a good idea, turns out it was my instincts working all along. I guess I still have to learn a lot more about being Prime."

Sam, "Primus is currently with the Primes, you can talk to him about it if you want. A warning though, Gods are really weird, even weirder than humans."

Optimus nodded, "Right! I will keep that in mind...... Exactly how strange are we talking about?"

Sam scowled, "Very strange! They try to trick you into becoming a priest for them or try to force you to become a God even if you are not interested or kidnap you or try to set you up with people you are not interested in."