40. Time Flies when you are Happy

(Transformers and Trash of the Count are not mine. I really love that amv.
"Talking"
'thinking'
-comm speech-
Enjoy!)

Sam, "And that concludes our class for today. Remember to submit your assignments at the end of the month."

Students, "Yes Professor Witwicky."

Student 1, "The Professor still looks so young even though he is turning fifty."

Student 2, "I hear he is part of the techno - organics now."

Student 3, "I am going to study hard and apply to become one as well."

Raon, "You are pretty popular as before Dad."

Sam huffed, "It's only superficial in nature. I would rather be with someone who knows me."

Megatron or Alver appeared, "Are you done?"

Sam, "Yeah, this semester ended. The next time I return will be next year."

Alver smiled, "Being a teacher suits you, you care about the kids and their future so naturally."

Sam smirked, "You know what they say, children are the future of our civilization."

Alver dissipated and Megatron opened the door, "Indeed, it is. Time to go home."

Sam nodded as he looked outside the window at Neo Kaon, a brand new City built on outskirts of the original Kaon. When Cybertron was revitalized fifty years ago, the wild plants of Cybertron started to appear across the planet. Raon had been the most excited and grabbed Shockwave dragging the flabbergasted scientist along with him to experiment and figure out how the plants worked. It was an interesting experience and a more interesting find was the plants were capable of creating Energon which raised questions about what happened to them originally. This had awakened Optimus's researcher side and he had marched straight to the hidden library which was located next to the Well of Sparks.

Turns out the destruction of those very necessary plants happened the millennium, because of invasions, corrupt mining, greedy officials being in charge, etc. Optimus had been filled with anger and disappointment and had vented about them for a couple of years. It was funny in the beginning but after a few months it became very alarming as many questions were raised about what is a very obvious sabotage. The plants had been destroyed methodically, they could not even say it was an accident or a catastrophe. It had taken the first ten Earth years to find every single type of plant that grew in Cybertron and another ten years to learn about the conditions under which they grew before figuring out which were edible for Cybertronians and which were not.

Many Cybertronians were very much fascinated by the concept of agriculture, especially after learning about Earth and researching the quaint planet. Ratchet's notes were the first to be requested by the masses of Cybertronians who were hiding and their reactions were funny. Sam smiled remembering the comments they had made about humans being crazy and yet stubborn. Megatron saw the smile as he landed outside their shared home and opened his door to let Sam out. The old Witwicky couple had more or less moved in with them around the age of eighty and Sam wanted to spend the last few years they had together. Judy being as energetic as ever even in old age welcomed them and prepared dinner though Sam had mentioned many times it was not necessary.

He had stopped at one point and decided to enjoy his mother's cooking as long as he could before both his human parents left. Sam had given them the option of becoming Techno - Organics but they had both declined saying they were very happy to be humans. But despite the enthusiasm it was obvious to those close to them, the couple were at their last moments and would leave them at any given moment. As Sam had suspected a few months later the couple had passed away in their sleep, holding each other close. Their funeral was private with close friends and direct family saying goodbye though at a later date the rest of planet Earth and Cybertron gave a huge farewell party. Sam had mourned them for a year before heading to the Well of Sparks alone wishing for privacy.