26. College and Pestilence

(Transformers and Trash of the Count are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot.
"Talking"
'thinking'
-comm speech-
Enjoy!)

After the amusement park incident, Optimus and Megatron had come to a silent agreement between them. The amusement parks that focused on the crazy rides were few in number and they would work together to keep their young human sparkling slash mate away from those torture contraptions. Jazz ended up needing to get his sensory points and circuits checked after his ride by Ratchet who wondered what in Primus's name happened. When the medic found out why Jazz looked like he was tortured he was flummoxed and dragged Miles into check up after he returned from college. Miles was surprised but did not complain and just went with it and aside from slight exhaustion he was fine.

Miles, "We are fine Ratchet."

Raon, "It was a lot of fun, kind Ratchet."

Hong nodded, "Yes healer Ratchet, you should not worry about this."

Ohn, "I want to do it again."

Ratchet, "No! No! Not a second time, absolutely not."

Sam returned to the shared home at that moment, "Ratchet? What is the matter?"

Jazz, "He is worried that the so called rides are going to make the sparklings sick."

Sam became worried, "What? But those are just rides for amusement, nothing more."

Bumblebee sighed, "Amusement rides they may be but the sudden turns, dips, etc can really mess up our internal circuits."

Sam, "But they did not look ill when we were at the park."

Ratchet, "Thankfully, they were alright."

Scapel, "I have to agree with the bots my little charge. Just watching you all made me uneasy."

Sam sat next to Megatron, "You are not telling us the whole story. What is the real matter?"

Megatron, "The Quintessons."

Raon, "What is a quintessential?"

Optimus, "Quintesson little one, a long time ago they invaded Cybertron. We, Megatron and I were barely adults when it happened."

Megatron, "They enjoyed strapping our people to strange machines, similar to those rides and.... "

Sam hugged Megatron realizing what no doubt happened to those who were unlucky enough to be caught. Miles was quiet as well as he held Jazz's hand which was now shaking from the memories that had returned. Those memories had been suppressed for more than a millennium and they rarely talked about it not wishing to remember those times. Ratchet then cleared his voice and gave them a short but concise history of one of the worst invasions Cybertron had to deal with before the war. The Quintessons essentially enslaved them, forcing them to perform manual labor for all of them. They were basically at the mercy of the whims and anger of the Quintessons, they would be tortured and off - lined for no reason.

Sam, "Ratchet stay, for the night. You should not have to spend time alone after remembering such dark memories."

Ratchet nodded, "Thank you for the hospitality."

Megatron, "We do have one more week of free time left."

Jazz whined, "You are lucky to be together. I wish Prowl was here too."

Sam and Miles shared a look, which Megatron and Optimus noticed but decided not to comment on. The next morning had them all waking up to excited squeals from Jazz as he jumped Prowl's holoform. Prowl as a human cop looked really classy and seeing him drive Sam or Miles to college was something. Not to forget Sam being the ultimate 'Master of Misunderstandings', made everyone think he had a thing going on with an attractive cop. But then again what were the college goers supposed to think when Sam hugged Prowl's human form and Prowl kissed his forehead. It was just a habit both Jazz and Prowl had picked up after watching human parents interact with their young.