35. Winter Solstice and War

(Transformers and Trash of the Count are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot.
"Talking"
'thinking'
-comm speech-
Enjoy!)

Sam, "Happy Winter Solstice and Merry Christmas everyone."

Raon, "Winter Solstice."

Hong, "Happy Solstice."

Ohn, "Happy Winter!"

Some called, "Merry Christmas."

Others, "Happy Winter Solstice."

The Cybertronians greeted using both greetings, they had been researching the festival and were very fascinated by the celebration. The Witwickies had a tradition of following the ritual of the twelve days before Christmas and the sparklings had the most fun over it. From lighting the candles according to the number to adding different decor and preparing food according to the day. Sentinel sniffed and raised his helm arrogantly at the traditions first but after the sparklings gave him the optics he agreed to do those traditions. Megatron had quietly snorted at how easily his sparklings had manipulated his old mentor and was grinning the whole week.

Optimus had originally been disappointed that Sentinel did not wish to join them, saying it was foolish organic practice. But seeing his old mentor indulging the sparklings when they asked, had filled him with happiness and relief. They would be heading to Cybertron soon and the Prime wanted the last possible memories of planet Earth to be a happy one. You never know whether you would return alive from a war after all and even if you did, the others may not. Dragonius Prime had excused themselves saying they had their own tradition they wished to celebrate in private. They did promise to be there for the final party though and left dragging Adaptus with them.

Adaptus had protested but Sam had advised him to go as it was their own private tradition that they practiced with their late friends. Adaptus had started gushing about his Legend's kindness and understanding even while being dragged away. Dragonius promised Sam, he would talk with Adaptus about his behalf which was annoying Sam and his sparklings. To which Sam drawled, if he could perform such a miracle the first Sparkling to be born from the Well of Sparks would be his. Dragonius had blinked then nodded determined to make Adaptus understand and back off a little at least.

Optimus looked around feeling satisfied, "Everyone is enjoying themselves."

Bumblebee nodded holding his warm Energon, "Yes, I am glad everyone made it for the last Christmas on planet Earth."

Megatron nodded watching his mate entertain the kids with Christmas stories, "We are ready to leave for Cybertron any time. Sam, Raon , Hong and Ohn are a little disappointed, they will miss New Years. But aside from that they have no complaints."

Thundercracker, "They are sweet children all things considered. In fact, I have noticed, that they are very considerate of others."

Jazz sipped his Energon, "Miles had a similar complaint but knowing them they will probably do a little party for the kid's sake."

Sentinel grumbled, "I will admit, they make good caretakers."

Dragonius chuckled, "I understand your wariness but remember humans do have experience in taking care of young ones thanks to their biological gift of life. I sometimes envy them."

Steelbane, "Yes, sometimes I wonder if they even realize how lucky they are."

Rodimus approached them, "Optimus I have an answer. The Lost Light will fly again."

Ultra Magnus nodded, "We have discussed this with the crew and have agreed we all wish to return home."

Cyclonus, "Even if we have to fight our way back home."