2

Yang Zi comes running up to me smiling "Hey Xian Xian, I'm glad I caught you; do you have lunch plans?"

I grin "Hey Zi, no I'm open want to have lunch?"

She nods smiling "Yes, there is a new place that serves Western food that everyone says is amazing, want to try it?"

I nod "Sure, sounds great I'm starving, that meeting went longer than I thought it would and just had an apple for breakfast."

"Your Uncle to so sweet to let you sit in on meetings to learn, I wish I had been able to have that opportunity while I was in college. I bet you learn so much from him and his colleagues in those meetings." She grins.

I laugh lightly "You would be amazed at how much I learn, I'm lucky."

'If only you knew what really happens in those meetings.' I scoff internally.

The elevator dings and we step in, we are on the sixtieth floor and the building is always busy so the elevators always take a while.

I turn to Zi "So how is your business going, I'm going to assume good since you seem happy and you are here."

She grins "Yes, I met with your brother Ning Chen today, we signed the papers, and my little Bed and Breakfast chain is now officially partners with Wey Hotels and Resorts."

I smile at her "Congratulations, I told you it would work out, didn't I?"

She smiles nodding "Yes which is why I'm treating you to lunch, to thank you for helping me with this deal."

We hit the lobby and she directs me to her car, we hop in her Mercedes and head to the restaurant. It's a really nice place, only about ten minutes from Wey Corporation. It's got a mix of Western and Asian styles and the food is also a mix of the two. I order a Wagyu steak and spicy noodles and she gets a petite filet with braised potatoes. The food is really good, and the atmosphere is very chill, I like it I'll definitely be back.

She tells me about the deal and how easy it was to deal with my brother Ning. She's very animated when she talks and she talks a lot. I don't mind all that much, it's kind of nice to be able to be around people I just have to be careful. I have to wear protective clothing as if I'm allergic to the sun. Most of me is covered all the time, thank god for the Liquid Gloves or I would still be wearing surgical gloves telling everyone I'm a germaphobe. My mind wanders as I nod and hum in the right places as she talks through lunch. Even after all these years of trying to acclimate myself to being around people, I'm just not completely comfortable with it.

Finally, lunch is over and I thank her for treating me, congratulate her again on her success and call an Uber to take me home. Not that I really want to go there but they won't let me move into my own place until I finish college. I have one more year then I'm out of here.

I walk into our house, well not really a house more like a monstrosity. It was fine when it was my mom, Uncle Xu Wen my father's brother who married my mom after my father died, my oldest brother Yang, the triplets Ning Chen, Xing Chen and Qing Chen and me. Now it's just me, Mom and Uncle, this place is just way too big and feels way too empty with my brothers and my sister living on their own.

My mother is sitting on the couch when I walk in "I heard you did good today?"

I shrug nodding "I guess so."

She smirks "I guess so," she says mockingly.

"You should be more grateful, you are paid a lot of money for doing almost nothing and we keep you protected from harm. We don't have to do any of that if we don't want to."

I roll my eyes "There's no one else that can do what I do and the only reason you pay me is to keep my mouth shut."

She stands up Slap!

"You fucking sarcastic brat, who do you think you are talking to huh? I'm your mother and you will not speak to me like that! You will show respect to me, now get to your room, I don't want to see your face again today. Don't forget the fundraiser on Friday, I expect you to be there, I expect you to be well-behaved and ready to do your fucking job! There will be a lot of very influential people there and we need intel. Your suit is already in your room, I don't particularly care to see you until the fundraiser." She turns and stalks out of the room her high heels clicking loudly on the marble floor.

I go to my room my, cheek stinging from the slap, my mother has never been particularly motherly to me. I try to stay away from her as much as possible, I haven't touched her voluntarily since I was a small child, if I do like today I try to only get the last day of her life so that I don't subject myself to her hatred, it's never good for my mental health to be near her for any length of time unless my sister is here to interfere.

'Our father died when I was five and because of my condition, there were very few people who could touch me when I was little without me crying hysterically. My brother Yang mainly took care of me but he was still a kid himself. He's nine years older than me and the triplets are five years older. I'm now twenty-one and after a lot of trial and error, I have been able to control it to some degree mainly through meditation.

When I was little I couldn't control it at all, I have psychometry, I get information about a person or object when I touch it with my bare skin. Used to, when I touched a person, I would see their life, I might get a day, a week, years or their whole life in seconds. It's very overwhelming, now I can pick what I want to see, be it a day, a week a month, etc for the most part. 

There are times though when my control slips and I see it all every minute of every hour of every day of their life finds its way into my brain in seconds and usually knocks me out for a short time. I've never been able to stand the touch of my mother which is why she hates me I guess. I mean it has to be hard to not be able to touch your child without them screaming their head off every time. 

The rest of the family is alright, I try not to touch them if I have a choice, it's much easier for me now with this new technology. I can touch people with my "bare" hands with the liquid solution making me less awkward around others. I have to tell a lot less lies about myself which makes me happy.

My parents have been using me for their business since I was seven, they would tell potential clients or business partners that they just wanted to spend "quality time" with their precious child when in reality I was getting them information by spying on them, looking at the last day or week, seeing who they talked with, what they talked about, what their plans are blah blah blah.

 If you want to know what it's like then I'll tell you, you know that saying "I would love to be a fly on the wall?" Well, I'm the fly, I can see everything that happened to them from the time I chose until the moment I'm standing in front of them.

I know more secrets about highly influential, popular and powerful people than anyone else on the planet. I know who does shady business, I know who's fucking who, I know who's fucking who over, I know the secrets that they hope never see the light of day. The worst part of the whole fucked up situation? I have a near photographic memory so all of the shit that gets dumped into my brain never leaves!'

I lay down on my bed for a while contemplating life when I decide to get out of the house tonight. Uncle will be out for the night banging his assistant, my dear mother should be drunk in another hour or two and passed out. She does this every night uncle stays out. It beats hanging around here throwing a pity party for myself, nah I'd rather go out.

I call my best friend Guo Cheng "Hey man are you up for a night out?"

"Hell yeah my man, just let me finish with this photo shoot and I'll pick you up. I shouldn't be more than an hour, I'll send you a text when I'm close to the pickup location."

"Sweet, I'll see you shortly." I grin.