59

Wey Ying's POV cont.

Yeye nods "There is one thing detail I left out of those tails and that is when the Yiling Patriarch is reborn, it will be from our blood. He will be reborn from our flesh and our blood as he was from his first life."

She clicks her tongue "Father what do fables have to do with anything? Why are you bringing all of this up? So ridiculous." She crosses her arms over her chest and hmphs.

He smirks at her "Your husband and your sister were soul mates, you interfered and there was nothing I could do about it because you became pregnant with Yang but the reason he went back to her was fate. They were meant to be together in this life because they had a very important destiny they had to fulfill."

She scoffs "What gibberish are you spouting?"

He looks pointedly at her "You were neither meant to, nor were you worthy of birthing him. Daughter let me introduce you to a few people."

She rolls her eyes "I already know the litt" She stops bites her tongue and takes a deep breath "I already know AXian and his husband, If you feel the need to introduce the rest of them feel free but I do not care who they are."

He smirks "Oh no, you haven't been properly introduced to his husband so please let me do the honors, Wey Yu Zi, this is Hanguang Jun."

She huffs "Sure he is"

He grins "And this is Wey Xian also known as Wei Wuxian, the Yiling Patriarch."

She barks out a laugh "Ok now you are just pulling my leg father, how can he be him? He is nothing, a" She is silenced again.

Sizhui quirks a brow "I warned you not to speak ill of my mom, now you can suffer the consequences of your wicked tongue."

My grandfather looks at his daughter and shakes his head "Your grandmother is Baoshan Sanren and you have not only disgraced me but her, you had the chance to raise the Yiling Patriarch, yet you choose to wallow in your own petty jealousies rather than realize how precious of a gift you were given."

"I need to grab something I will be right back everyone, thank you all for being patient while we have this out." He says and leaves the room.

I look over at Lan Zhan "Did you know about this legend?"

He nods "Everyone in Cloud Recesses does and anyone who was around when it was first spoken. Most immortals from our lands know of the legend, it has been spoken of for so long that it is natural for them to speak of it in our circles."

I feel perplexed but stifle my other questions when my grandfather walks back into the room. He gently takes out two scrolls and unrolls them, everyone in the room gasps but Wey Yu Zi and Wey Xu Wen. They all marvel at the beautiful paintings on each of the scrolls.

He walks over to his daughter "Do you remember me showing these to you when you were a child?"

She nods, and he puts them closer to her "Look carefully at the faces of Hanguang Jun and Wei Wuxian in these paintings. Now look at the two men across from you, look closely and carefully."

She rolls her eyes but does as he says, she looks at the paintings and then at the two men, and she looks at both over and over until her eyes widen and her hand shakily covers her mouth.

My grandfather smiles when he sees her reaction "AXian may not have the height he had in his first life, but he has the same face. Hanguang Jun is older than me by several centuries and looks the same but for his shorter hair and modern clothes. You were given a chance that most in this life would treasure and cherish as the greatest of gifts and instead, you threw it away because of your own insecurities."