50

Author's POV cont.

Wey Ying's appointment with Healer Xin went well, but they still don't have an answer as to why his energy is depleting so quickly. Wey Ying looks at the healer and swipes his finger on his nose a few times then hmphs.

"Healer Xin, I know there aren't a lot of cases with men having golden cores and getting pregnant but what about looking at case studies with women? Maybe there is more information there that might be similar to what is going on with me." he tilts his head.

Healer Xin smiles "You have always been so intelligent, very insightful, I have begun my search with those parameters as of yesterday. I figured out the same thing as you, since there is nothing similar to your case in men I began looking at women. Fewer women have had golden cores but there are centuries and centuries of studies on them. I haven't found anything so far, but I feel hopeful."

Wey Ying smiles at the healer "Great, let's hope you find something, we are going to be going back to the city so I can check on my businesses and we plan on having an ultrasound done while we are there just as a precaution."

The old healer starts laughing "Wei Laozu do you think we are still using only primitive methods to care for our pregnancies? We have the latest medical equipment and trained professionals to use them here in Cloud Recesses. You may do as you please but you do not have to go outside of your home for the best medical care for you and your baby. The medical equipment and such are just beyond the double doors just after my office, you just haven't had to go back there as of yet."

He smiles "We even have an emergency room for any type of accidents here in Cloud Recesses. Don't worry we can take care of all of your medical needs. You just need to worry about growing a healthy baby. We will do a scan at about seven weeks which is a typical time for your first scan. Why don't you and Hanguang Jun stay here for the next few weeks until we do your scan then you can travel and check on your businesses and anything else in the city you need to do before you come back. Your wedding is tomorrow you can use this time as a honeymoon of sorts."

Wey Ying grins "Oh I didn't know you had all of that I just thought you were still doing your healing like back in my past life, I don't know why my brain didn't put together that with your secluded location, you all would have everything you needed here for any type of medical issues. I guess you can chalk it up to having baby brain." He laughs.

Wangji walks into the healer's office "How is our patient, Healer Xin?"

He chuckles "He's fine he just thinks we are still in the dark ages with our medical knowledge. He didn't know we had a full medical center here with all of the latest equipment."

Wangji smiles and Wey Ying pouts "Well I didn't think about it, I just thought they were still doing everything like the old days."

Wangji chuckles and kisses his head "Why would you think that you silly man?"

Wey Ying pouts harder "Don't laugh Lan Zhan, I don't know, I just didn't consider that everything here would be modern, my brain still perceives everything here as if it were two thousand years ago even though my eyes can see the place has the latest technology and modern conveniences. I don't know why."

He leans down and kisses Wey Ying's neck "You are so adorable, It's alright my love we have everything you will need while we are here to take care of you and our baby and if we don't have something we will buy it and send someone to train on how to use it if we don't have anyone. You don't have to worry at all about us being able to take care of you."

Wey Ying nods and thanks the healer before the couple leaves his office. He looks over at his husband and grins "I'm hungry Lan Zhan, I want some lotus root and pork rib soup, will you have the kitchen fix it for me?"