30

Authors Note

To my beautiful readers,

I have been under the weather recently and couldn't update, I am feeling better and I hope to get out the next few chapters in my normal time frame or close to it. I hope all of you are well and please try to stay away from anyone sick. Stay healthy and happy and I hope you enjoy the newest update.

Love ya, Neena

***************************************************************

Wey Ying's POV

I wake up, stretch my aching body and smile as I remember why I'm so sore today. I look around our bedroom but I don't see my husband. I get up and use the bathroom, add a bit of the healing cream, get dressed and make my way into the kitchen where I see a very sexy back and ass moving around the kitchen as he makes lunch since we didn't sleep until after dawn. I smile again thinking about last night then blush when I remember how that night started.

"Good morning Lan Zhan," I say walking into the kitchen.

He turns and smiles "Good afternoon Wey Ying, I should have lunch ready in just a few minutes, why don't you grab us some tea and the kettle and set the table, if you don't mind."

I walk over and kiss his cheek "I don't mind at all, are you sure you want tea and not coffee I can make it for you if you like."

He kisses me back "No I'll just take tea with you today baobei."

I nod, grab everything and take it to the table, I get the tea leaves ready and pour the water over them, set our places and sit down. Lan Zhan brings our food in a few minutes later.

I smile "Lan Zhan that smells incredible what is it?"

He grins "It's a Western dish I learned to make, it's called beef stew, people in America eat it regularly when it gets colder weather. Since it's a chilly day and Saturday I thought I would make it for us."

I look at the dish he puts in front of me and I can see cut pieces of beef, sliced carrots, quartered potatoes, diced celery and diced onion in a brown sauce that smells a little like it has red wine in it.

I sniff it and grin, yep a bit of red wine "This smells amazing, where did you learn to cook this?"

He smiles "Well as an immortal it's easy to get bored so I did some traveling for a while and of course, I also travel to America often to collaborate with artists on songs. I learned how to make this from the mother of one of the artists I worked with about ten years ago."

I nod "Makes sense you would want to travel around, I would like to go with you the next time you travel there if that's ok?"

He smirks "Every day means every day love, we can't do that if you aren't with me." He winks.

I blush "Shush and eat your food you beast."

He laughs and takes a spoonful of the stew. I grab my spoon and take a tentative bite, my eyes widen and I take a bigger bite "Lan Zhan this is incredible, it's not spicy at all but it's so good."

We finish our meal and sip our tea he looks at me and tilts his head, I notice "What is it?"

He clears his throat "I want to talk with you about something, I need you to hear me out and keep an open mind."

I look at him and nod "Alright Lan Zhan, whatever you want to say I will listen."

He nods "I know you aren't very familiar with the older ways, cultivation, meditation, weapons training and such."