46

Wey Ying's POV cont.

"I'm so excited my family will be here in just a few short hours, I feel like I haven't seen them in a long time even though it has really only been a few weeks. We should do something special for their first visit to Cloud Recesses Lan Zhan." I smile at him.

He nods "Alright, what would you like to do?"

I think for a minute then grin "Well they won't be here for the winter solstice festival how about we make lanterns like we did when we were teens? We can make them in the old way, and we can make a new promise together. We can do it the day before the wedding, what do you think?"

He nods "I like that idea baobei, I will send a few disciples down to town to get all of the supplies. It might have to be a mix of old and modern supplies though, I'm not sure we can find all of the materials like we had back then."

I shrug "That's ok as long as we can make them close, I will be happy. I want to make a new promise with you and the day before our wedding will be perfect."

"Alright let's get our meditation in while we wait for their plane to land, you need to work on your control. You have been doing well with newer items but you still can't touch older items or people without getting something from them. I want you to be able to have control over your ability before the baby comes." He sits down in his meditation position.

I nod and get into my meditation position, I work to strengthen and cultivate my core, the color has already changed from when I was in the hospital, it's now whiter. It still has the dark line of gold running through it from the baby but the energy coming from my core is brighter and less gold than it was before.

Lan Zhan sits in front of me "Wey Ying, I want you to concentrate on blocking out anything you might get from the item I am about to hand you. Instead of trying to read it, I want you to try to not read it."

I open my eyes and do my breathing exercises before he hands me an item. I concentrate on not reading anything from it, I am successful at not getting anything from it and I smile as my eyes shoot to his. "I did it, I'm not getting anything from it, how old is it?"

Lan Zhan grins at me "Fifty years, great job baobei, this is the oldest item you have been able to hold so far without getting any type of reading from it."

He grows serious "I think we need to stay on inanimate objects until you can hold something that is at least a few hundred years before we try people again."

I nod "I agree, reading people or trying not to read people is much harder than reading objects. I have always had a lesser ability when it comes to objects so I have always been able to control it a little better. I got to where everyday items like shampoo or a comb I would block with a little concentration. Now I can go fifty years without getting anything, next, I want to try something closer to one hundred and see if I can block it."

He smiles "We can try that Wey Ying, I am very proud of you, you have been working really hard. Why don't we pause this until after the wedding and then we can redouble our efforts."

I nod "Agreed, I want to be able to spend time with my family while they are here without too many distractions."

He helps me up off the floor and hugs me "Come on the SUV should be here any time with your family love, let's go meet them."

I grin "Yes I want to be there when they first look at our home in the clouds."

We walk hand in hand to the area where all of the vehicles are kept for clan use. Lan Zhan hands me a carton of strawberry milk and a few pieces of white rabbit milk candy, the vanilla flavor. The two together are one of my new favorite things to consume, I moan at the flavor and he smiles at me.