5

I'm beginning to feel nauseous with the overload of information, I turn to her while we are standing with several people "Mother, everyone if you will, please excuse me for a moment, I need to freshen up." A polite way to say I have to take a piss.

She smiles and tightens her hold for a second before letting me go "Of course love, take a moment to yourself but don't be gone too long I have a few other people I would like to introduce you to alright?"

I swallow the bile that's burning my throat, smiling I nod and make my escape. I walk to the bathroom at a normal pace when I want nothing more than to run full out into the bathroom. I find one that doesn't seem busy and walk in, I open the door to the last stall and empty my stomach into the toilet. 

I listen carefully to make sure no one is in here with me before coming out of the stall. I rinse my mouth then swish the complimentary mouthwash to freshen my breath. I grab a hand towel and wet it rubbing the back of my neck and my forehead to remove any sweat that may have formed from vomiting. I straighten up and look at myself in the mirror, I look pale and my eyes have a slight twinge of red to them. I pinch my cheeks to try and bring some color back and close my eyes for a bit to try and relieve the redness.

I'm startled when hear a voice "What are you doing in here boy? You should be out there getting me information, that's what I pay you for, not to hide away in here." My uncle looks at me clearly irritated.

I stammer "I-I'm sorry, I-I got overwhelmed and it's made me sick. I'm coming out as soon as I'm stable, I promise. It shouldn't be but just a few more minutes then I'll come and find you, okay?"

He nods with a stern look "Make it quick boy, we don't want to waste the night because you are too weak to handle your shit."

He walks out and I take a deep breath trying to pull myself together. I wipe my face one more time and steel myself for what's to come.

The rest of the night is a tug of war between my mother and uncle trying to get me to touch as many people as possible, to gain as much information as possible.

I've finally hit my limit "Uncle I need to go to the bathroom please, I'm not feeling well, I'm going to pass out if I can't take a few minutes to regroup. You don't want the people here to see me pass out do you?" I whisper to him.

He smiles and laughs like we've shared an inside joke and nods. I can hear him playing it off as a youngster wanting to venture on my own for a bit before the party ends. I roll my eyes and step into the quiet of the bathroom. I put my hands on the counter and let my head fall, I close my eyes and take several deep breaths trying to calm my raging headache and rolling stomach. I truly hate coming to these things, I always feel like shit closer to the end.

I sigh and straighten when I see someone out of the corner of my eye. He is leaning his shoulder on the wall and looking at me with an indecent glare in his eyes.

He notices my eyes widen and smirks "Hello, I feel like you have been avoiding me all night Wey Xian, I've seen you speak to so many people tonight and yet I get nothing. Why is that Xian?"

I just stand there until he moves closer to me, and I start backing away. "Li Han, I'm just being a filial son and talking to the people my parents want me to talk to. Me not speaking to you isn't intentional."

He tilts his head "I don't think I believe you, I've told you how I feel about you Xian, why do you keep avoiding the inevitable? I'm rich, powerful, and on good terms with your family. Maybe I'll go to them and make an offer of marriage, then you won't be able to avoid me."

I'm shocked speechless "I-I, no I no!"

I back farther away from him but he moves closer to me "Yes, now that I think of it, that's a magnificent idea, they would be crazy to turn down a proposal from my family and I would get you without any restrictions."

He reaches out before I can react and pulls me into a bruising kiss, I try to fight him off but my body is overwhelmed with my ability, my control was already slipping and now I'm bombarded with parts of his life, I see so many things he's done that turns my stomach. 

As I fight not to lose consciousness he disappears, I hear muffled noises but my vision is dimming and my brain is fuzzy, the last thing I see before I pass out is a pair of beautiful golden amber eyes then everything goes black.

I wake up to a rocking motion, I'm warm and comfortable, and my mind drifts slowly in and out of consciousness before everything in the bathroom floods back into my mind. I gasp as I sit up in a panic. I'm in a car, my head is swiveling frantically looking at where I am and who I'm with. A strong pair of hands cups my face and those same incredible golden eyes come into focus. 

My heart is pounding and I'm in a near panic when a deep melodic voice says "Wey Ying."

My breath catches in my throat and my heart skips a beat, with wide eyes I look at the man holding me and I realize that it's quiet, absolutely quiet. I release a sob and wrap myself around him. My whole body is trembling, I've never touched anyone and not been bombarded with their life. 

He is like a calm, cool pool of soothing water, he rubs slow circles on my back and my body slowly begins to calm down. He feels so good in my arms, his scent is intoxicating and his strong arms make me feel safe. I bury my face in his neck and hold onto him, I feel at peace for the first time in my life.

It's overwhelming and brings stinging tears to my eyes I mumble "Quiet, peaceful, finally, it's peaceful."

He tightens his hold on me and I relax in his arms, I move my head to rest on his shoulder. I take a deep breath and something in my releases that has never been released before.

I whisper "I'm sorry, I don't mean to invade your personal space, I don't even know your name."

His chest vibrates with his deep baritone voice "You can stay like this for as long as you want, my name is Lan Zhan, Wey Ying."

I take a deep breath, inhaling his sandalwood scent, and relax further into him, I eventually fall asleep with him holding me.