38

Wey Ying's POV

'Waking up in pain is no fun!' Now that Lan Zhan has taught me how to direct my spiritual energy when injured I want to use it to heal everything, I want to go home. I keep my eyes closed and push my energy to my nose and eyes, I want to see his gorgeous face without the blur. Healing this way is painful but fast with enough energy, I realized while I was healing my jaw that I used to do this when Madam Yu would punish me, I just didn't know I was doing it nor was I doing it on purpose. 

Now I can do it on purpose and even though it's painful it will be worth it. The pain, swelling and pressure in my eyes and nose are subsiding making it easier to breathe through my nose, I open my eyes and can see much better. I still need to direct more energy to heal it completely but it's definitely more than halfway healed now.

I look for him and when I find him my eyes drink in the sight, he is so beautiful I find it difficult to look at him sometimes. I sigh and wince as pain shoots through my chest, setting my lungs on fire.

"Wey Ying, you are awake, try not to breathe so deeply, you haven't healed your ribs yet." Lan Zhan says as he comes to my bedside and takes my right hand.

He leans down and kisses my forehead head, I close my eyes relishing the closeness. "I know Lan Zhan, I sent my energy to my nose and eyes instead, I wanted to be able to see you more clearly."

He smiles down at me "Wey Ying you need to conserve your energy and let me send you mine when you are healing."

I nod resting my head on the pillow "I'm still tired and half of me still hurts, I'll be glad when I can heal all of this and we can go home. I'm already too frustrated because our wedding has had to be postponed because of this, now I just want out of here."

He looks at me nodding "I know baobei but remember we are already married so this is just a formality, we can set the date for a few weeks from now so that you have time to heal."

I nod still disappointed "Alright Lan Zhan, I'm hungry do you think I can get something to eat?"

He nods "Rini brought you some lotus root congee since you are still on soft foods for now, she wanted me to tell you that she used the broth from her lotus root and pork rib soup to make it."

My mouth waters and I do grabby hands "Ooo, give to me, have you tried this Lan Zhan? It's so good, not as good as her soup but it's a close second."

He walks over to the basket, pulls out the pot and makes me a bowl, he smiles at me as he walks back over "I have, she made me a bowl before she left this morning and you are right it's very good. Here open." He says as he puts a spoonful in my mouth.

I blush as he feeds me and he chuckles "You blush every time I feed you Wey Ying, so adorable."

Between bites, I grin "I can't help it Lan Zhan I have a lot of times in my head from the past when you have fed me and in most of them we are naked, those images always come to mind when you feed me."

Lan Zhan smirks "Have to make sure my Wey Ying has energy for more."

He sounds like his old self before I got him speaking in full complete sentences and I laugh then groan as my chest is set on fire with pain again.

He gives me a scolding look "No laughing Wey Ying, after you eat I will share energy with you and you need to start healing your ribs."

I nod as I take another bite "Yes, and just so you know Lan Zhan this sucks!" I pout

He nods "Yes it does, I hate seeing you in pain baobei."

I finish eating and he wipes my mouth before putting the bowl back into the basket. He turns to me with a serious look on his face like he wants to tell me something but hesitates.