31

Author's POV

The next morning they have breakfast, and relax with each other for a while and then Lan Zhan goes into their "Memories" room and grabs the items he needs for Wey Ying. He brings them both into the living room and places them on the small living room table in front of Wey Ying.

He looks at the items then the man next to him and takes a deep breath "Both of these items have the most records from both of your lives, like I said before, Suibian will be your earlier and later lives with patchy spots because you used to leave it everywhere. Chenqing will be a little later in your first life and a lot of your second."

He looks at the items again and pulls out a green bamboo dizi that has signs of age on it "This dizi only has part of the history of your second life but it is an important part. Until you touch and read all of them it might be a little confusing for you but once you have touched them all you can sort through everything and it will all make sense. Are you positive you want to do this Wey Ying?"

Wey Ying looks at Lan Zhan and then at each of the items laid on the table, he feels a shudder run through his body and nods "I need to do this Lan Zhan, I feel like I'm missing something and I am hoping that getting my history from these items will help me put all of the pieces of who I am together."

Lan Zhan takes a deep breath "Alright my Wey Ying, then all I will say is that you need to read Suibian first, Chenqing second and the other dizi last it will fill in some of the blanks for you."

Wey Ying bobs his head "I understand, Lan Zhan I don't plan to stop between each item, I need to see it all so that I can sort it all out without my mind assuming or questioning things that the next item could answer. I know that this will be very emotional by how you are concerned for me but I want to do this."

Lan Zhan nods with a solemn look on his face and sits back a little away from Wey Ying to give him space. Wey Ying takes a few deep breaths, tilts his neck in a few directions with a few cracking sounds and rolls his shoulders before reaching for Suibian. He grabs the sword tightly in his hands and Lan Zhan watches him carefully.

A tear rolls down Wey Ying's cheek, his nose turns red and his chest catches on a sob. He smiles while tears slowly roll down his cheeks and then he opens his eyes, puts the sword down and wipes his face with his hands. He doesn't look at Lan Zhan he just reaches for Chenqing, he breathes heavily and at one point holds his breath on a sob that sounds like his heart is breaking. 

He lets out a sob on a huff and again smiles as tears roll down his now ruddy cheeks. He opens his eyes and before he can even think he puts one dizi down and picks up the other. He smiles, barks out a laugh and then sighs and opens his eyes again.

He gently puts the ancient dizi down on the table and just sits there looking off into nothing. His mind, a whirl of images, his heart pounding overwhelmed with so many emotions, he sits quietly and closes his eyes once more. He sits there for nearly four hours before he finally opens his eyes and turns to look at the man next to him.

With eyes filled with so much more than they ever have been, he smiles gently at him puts his hand on his cheek and cups it softly. "I like you, or in other words, I fancy you, I love you, I want you, I can't leave you, I whatever you." He says with tears in his eyes as he looks at the man he has loved his whole life.

Lan Zhan lets out a strangled sob and grabs Wey Ying pulling him into his arms and burying his face in the crook of his neck. "My beautiful Wey Ying, my beautiful husband, my soul, my eternal twin flame, it's been so long."

Overwhelmed with emotions he sobs on his husband's neck, Wey Ying holds him tightly rubbing his back and murmuring softly to him until he calms down.

He sits up and looks at his husband "Are you alright? I'm sorry I broke down like that I should be taking care of you but hearing you say those words to me again healed a part of me that has been broken for thousands of years."