56

Author's POV

Wey Ying watches Lan Zhan walk into the kitchen to get him something to eat, and then he remembers they haven't been home in a while, so he is probably ordering something for them. he pulls the fluffy blanket closer to him and snuggles into it as he sees the front door open and a handsome man close to his age walk in.

He smiles at him and Wey Ying tilts his head "Who are you?"

He looks at the beauty who finally woke up "Wow you have gray eyes, that's so cool." Then he quirks his mouth "Why didn't I get cool gray eyes like you did? Anyway, I'm your cousin, Deng Chao Yuan, it's a pleasure to meet you finally. Our grandmother Baoshan sent me to help you with your spiritual energy since you can't maintain your levels."

Wey Ying not wanting to take his eyes off the strangers yells out "Lan Zhan!"

Lan Zhan walks quickly into the room and sits down next to Wey Ying who has his hand out for him to take, he puts his hand in the others "What is it baobei? Are you ok? Do you hurt anywhere?"

Wey Ying looks at him then points to Deng Chao "Is he really my cousin?"

Lan Zhan kisses his forehead and nods "Yes but you can touch him to find out for yourself he is only forty-four so it should be easy for you now."

Wey Ying nods then turns to Deng Chao "When did you talk to my grandmother? How long ago?"

Deng Chao shrugs "I don't know two weeks maybe? Why?"

Wey Ying looks at him "Because I need a time frame to read you instead of going randomly through your life. Saves time, come here."

Deng Chao grins "Cute," he says sweetly then sits down on the other side of Wey Ying.

Wey Ying touches his hand lightly with his fingers for a few seconds then grins "Ok, I feel better thank you. So you are my cousin huh?"

Deng Chao nods smiling "Yep, your grandfather and my father are brothers and their mother is Baoshan Sanren."

Wey Ying giggles "I remember the last time I met her, she sounds like she hasn't changed at all, maybe got a little worse."

Deng Chao's eyebrows draw together "What do you mean you remember meeting her?"

He smirks "I can not only touch people but objects and I touched my things from my previous lives and regained my memories and most of my emotions that were attached to them."

Deng Chao looks at one and then the other "How is that even possible?"

Lan Zhan clears his throat "Wey Ying was very talented with magic back in both of his previous lives, one of the things he was known for mastering was a connection called Empathy, we believe that the ability imprinted on his soul and he was born with the innate ability in this life manifesting as psychometry."

Deng Chao looks surprised "He's the one everyone has always talked about as the Grand Master of Demonic Cultivation and The Master of Empathy?"

Wey Ying giggles "Yep that's me" he grabs his neck nervously at the mention of his old titles.

Deng Chao's jaw drops "You're the effing Yiling Patriarch?"

Wey Ying smiles "Guilty"

"Holy shit! I have been raised on stories about you and what all you accomplished in your lives. Who knew my cousin is the Yiling Patriarch? I don't know why I didn't put two and two together but the stories she told me never said you were her grandson. WOW!" His eyes got big and he got animated as he said this.

Wey Ying grins "Well considering how many immortals are around, apparently, a lot of people know who I am and what I've done."

Deng Chao scratches his head "I wonder why grandmother didn't tell me the stories were about someone in our family?"