9

Wey Xians POV

'I cannot believe what's happened in the last forty-eight hours. My head is spinning with it all, I'm getting engaged and he's fucking gorgeous, I mean ridiculously beautiful, sexy as hell and he wants to marry me? I'm totally shocked that Mother and Uncle agreed, they must think that they are getting over on the Lan's somehow. That's the only reason they would agree to this.'

The doorbell rings and I walk over and answer it, the guy from the bar Sizhui is at the door with my clothes. He smiles "Hey Xian what are you doing here? Are these yours? The delivery guy just handed them to me before I could say anything."

I nod and move so he can come in "Yes, thanks." I take them from him "Lan Zhan brought me here last night, I wasn't feeling well, what are you doing here?"

He points to himself and grins "Family remember?"

I smack my forehead "Shit I forgot your last name is Lan, duh."

He chuckles "Well don't mind me go do whatever it is you need to do, I'm just going to the kitchen and I'll see you in a bit yeah?"

I nod and smile "Yeah I need to grab a quick shower, I'll be back soon."

He nods and waves as he opens the fridge and starts moving things around.

I walk to a secondary room and find an on-suite fully stocked with everything I'll need. I meditate for a few minutes before my shower so that I won't get much from the items I'll be touching. 'Thank god this part of my ability is not as strong as touching humans so it's easier to control. A little meditation and concentration stops most of the impressions I could pick up.'

I shower without incident and finish getting ready, I walk out of the bedroom and see Lan Zhan and Sizhui talking.

I clear my throat "Lan Zhan, where is my bag?"

He turns and smiles at me "It's in my bedroom on the chair."

I smile "Thanks, I'll be right back."

I walk into his room, it smells like him, very masculine and sexy. I see my bag, walk into his bathroom and pull out my liquid glove kit. I pop it open and submerge my hands, pull them out and wait four to five minutes for the solution to dry completely.

I walk back to them with a smile, I feel better and have a protective coating on my hands. They both look at me and I stop "What?"

They both grin Sizhui says "So, I heard you are going to be joining the family."

I blush and nod "Looks that way." I say shyly.

Sizhui walks over to me and wraps his arms around me "Welcome to the family."

I giggle at his antics, luckily he doesn't touch any of my skin "Thanks, Lan Zhan we need to go meet my family, are you ready?"

He nods "AYuan we will talk later alright?"

He smiles and nods waving bye to us. We walk into the parking garage and he walks over to a silver Range Rover with black tinted windows. He opens my door for me and then goes to the driver's side. "What's your address Wey Ying I'll put it in the GPS system."

I give him the address and we take off towards my house. "I'm not sure who all will be there, only me my mother and uncle live there now, all of my siblings have moved out. Do you care if I ask my da ge to come since he's the one who really raised me?"

He glances over at me "No, of course not, please call him and ask him to join us."

I smile and call Yang he agrees to be there in about forty-five minutes which makes me happy.

We pull up to the gate and security stops us, Lan Zhan puts the window down and I lean across him "It's me guys, this is my soon-to-be fiancé, let us through."

They open the gate and wave us through, we pull up to the front entrance and park. We get out and walk to the door before we get there the door opens and my mother greets us the a wide happy smile.

"Xian welcome home son, and this must be Lan Wangji, please come in. Welcome to our home."

I'm looking at my mother like she grew a second head and Lan Zhan is smiling politely. We walk into the house where Uncle is waiting for us. He walks forward smiling "Welcome Lan Wangji, I'm Wey Xu Wen, and this is my wife Wey Yu Zi, please come in and have a seat. Tea will be served momentarily."

We walk in and I feel like I've walked into a different reality, these are not my parents, someone switched them!

We sit down and Uncle starts the engagement negotiations to which Lan Zhan stops "Mr. Wey, my family doesn't delay once an offer has been accepted, Wey Xian and I will be formally engaged next Sunday and our wedding will be held a month after that. It is the Lan custom that once engaged the couple will not be separated until the night before the wedding. Please have all of Xian's things packed up and sent to this address." He places a card on the table before them with the address printed on it.

He continues "Our family will host the engagement ceremony and you will receive the contract this afternoon and the bride price will be delivered once the contract has been signed. You are welcome to have your attorney look over the contract and I would prefer if you invited your attorney to join us today so that we can complete the contract before the end of today. Do you have any questions?"

They look at each other and shake their heads my uncle clears his throat "Ah no, no it sounds like you have everything well laid out. I like that, you are a very precise person with confidence, Xian needs that in a partner. I will call our attorney now and see if he is willing to join us if you will excuse me for just a moment."

Lan Zhan nods and passes me a cup of tea that was delivered while he was speaking, I smile and thank him. My mother purses her lips "Xian you should be serving him tea, not the other way around, you need to learn your place and take better care of your soon-to-be husband." She scolds.

I straighten, put my cup down and reach for the teapot, my hands are a bit shaky and I hear her tch with her tongue in irritation at me. I look up at her and she cocks her eyebrow at me.

"Sorry, here Lan Zhan let me pour you some tea." I look at him and give him a small smile.

He nods and says nothing while I pour him a cup of tea. I pass it to him and he takes it with a smile. My mother nods her head in approval before picking up her own tea cup and asking "So Lan Wangji what do you do at Lan Technologies?"

He sips his tea and casually says "I help with some of the research projects but that is just a hobby, my main profession is as a songwriter."

She dribbles her tea a bit at his answer "A songwriter? Well, I guess we can't all be a CEO, can we? How is your career going if I may ask?"

He smirks "Very well, I'm quite the prolific writer so I have hundreds of songs that have been used by various artists."

She nods "Oh, are there any that I might be familiar with? I don't really listen to the whole pop stuff that is popular nowadays."

"Well, the easy way would be to ask who your favorite singer is, who do you listen to Mrs. Wey?"

She smiles "I love Faye Wong, her voice is just beautiful."

Lan Zhan nods "I agree, I wrote four out of her last ten singles."

My mother gasps "You did not!"

Lan Zhan smiles "I did actually, as I said I'm a prolific writer and there are artists from all over the world who sing my songs. If you are listening to a love song there is a good chance I wrote it or did a collaboration on it."