40

Lan Zhan's POV cont.

Wey Ying looks around the room his eyes filling with panic seeing a bunch of random people in his room until he sees me walking towards him. I look over at the other nurses and motion for them to stand with the nurse's aide so she doesn't try to leave the room.

I grab his hand and he looks at me confused "Lan Zhan what's wrong, what's going on?" his hand goes immediately to his stomach trying to protect our little one.

I smile at him trying to contain my anger "Remember when you were taken off all meds this morning?"

He nods, and his hand tightens on mine. "This nurse's aide came in not long ago and tried to give you a syringe. She said a doctor gave it to her. We are trying to ascertain what is really going on now. The police should be here any time, and we will get to the bottom of this."

He looks at the girl with a hurt look on his face then tries to scoot closer to me "Did she give me any of whatever was in that syringe?"

I shake my head "No baobei I stopped her before she could administer it to you."

He nods "Thank you, Lan Zhan, don't leave me, ok? Stay right here beside me."

I move closer to him and wrap my arm around his shoulders "I'm not going anywhere love, don't worry I'm here."

Xichen rushes into the room "Wangji what happened?"

I tell him everything we know so far, and he listens intently. He gives the girl an unreadable look, and she shrinks away from him. He looks at Wey Ying and then at me. "I'll handle it when the police get here. You stay with AXian, and once we know what's what, we will talk to the doctor about taking him out of here so that he can be safe."

I smile at my brother "Thank you gege, I'm glad you are here."

He nods "No thanks needed, I got scared when I heard you shout, and you didn't come back to the phone, so I rushed over. I'm just glad AXian is safe. Stay here with him, I'll be back in a bit.

He looks at Wey Ying and smiles. "You, you little trouble magnet. We are taking you home today. No more opportunities for them to harm you, AXian." He leans over and kisses Wey Ying on the forehead. I growl and give my brother the look. He grins at me and walks over to speak with the doctor.

The police show up and take the nurse's aide out of the room and the rest follow along with Xichen so they can sort this all out. I look at my husband "Why don't you try to get a little more sleep baobei, you look so tired, don't worry I won't leave your side." I lean over, kiss his lips gently a few times and run the back of my fingers down his cheek softly. His eyes begin to droop and soon he falls back into a deep sleep and I push more of my energy slowly to him.

A little over an hour later the doctor, Xichen and one of the police officers come into the room and motion me over to them. The doctor sighs, clearly frustrated "Mr. Lan I'm so sorry that this has happened to your family, luckily you caught her before she administered the drug to your husband."

I look at him "What was it?"

Irritation flashes in his eyes "A combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol, an abortifacient, if she had given it to Mr. Wey he would have lost the baby and there wouldn't have been anything we could have done to prevent it."

I hear a sharp gasp behind me "Lan Zhan someone is trying to kill our baby."

I look back and see Wey Ying with tears in his eyes, I walk over to him and pull him gently into my arms. "No one will harm you or our baby my love, we are going home to Cloud Recesses where I can keep you both safe."