13

We walk into Gucci, and a pretty petite saleswoman walks up and greets us, she looks both of us up and down like she wants to eat us. I give her a not-so-friendly look, grab MY Wey Ying by the waist, kiss him on the side of the head and look at her intently.

"My husband needs a full set up with accessories, black and red for the clothing and gold for the accessories, delicate not tacky is what we are going for I don't want to see anything too big or flashy with the accessories." I raise my eyebrow at the woman.

How dare she look at my Wey Ying in such a way, she swallows hard, eyes wide, she nods and bows before walking off to grab him some things to try on.

He looks up at me grinning "Lan Zhan why are you drinking vinegar?"

"She doesn't get to look at you like that; her job is to sell products in this store not flirt with the customers. I didn't like it, so I let her know it." I look down into his wide, stunned, stormy gray eyes, I can't help but smirk at him and place a chaste kiss on his slightly parted lips.

"Come on, time to try on some clothes so we can go eat." The now well-behaved saleswoman comes over with several options for him and shows him to the fitting room.

I sit in the provided chair and wait for him to show me what he's trying on. He steps out in a pair of black jeans, and a black and red short sleeve shirt and looks at me with clear panic in his eyes.

Realizing the issue, I immediately call the saleswoman over "We need long sleeves and more coverage for his skin, he has a sun allergy and needs full coverage on his clothes."

She nods "Yes sir, I will go grab other options for him."

She comes back with several alternative options, and he tries on a black semi-casual jacket, with a dark red inner lining, a lightweight turtleneck of the same red color as the lining and a pair of soft black pants that can be dressed up or down. When he walks out, he is smiling and asks her for a pair of black ankle boots to go with the ensemble and the size needs. She rushes to get them and comes back. She hands them to him; he puts them on and looks at me with a sexy little smirk.

"I don't want to try on anything else Lan Zhan, this is what I want." He says happiness glinting in his eyes.

I nod "I agree, you look amazing in this." I turn to the woman "Thank you for your excellent choices, now for the accessories."

She brings back a black leather and gold watch, a small gold ball necklace and a simple gold chain bracelet to pair with the watch. I nod and he puts everything on, he looks incredible, and I can't wait to show him off, yet I also want to keep him all to myself at the same time. 'Oh, the dilemmas of my life with this beautiful man. I have always been with way when it comes to him, but he has been restrained for far too long in this life and I won't do that to him.'

The saleswoman takes his discarded clothes he came in wearing and places them in a bag for him, she removes the tags from everything and rings us up. I gave her my card, she swipes it and we leave the store satisfied with our purchases, we then walk a few doors down to another shop.

He looks confused "What are we doing here Lan Zhan?"

I grin "You'll see, come on let's go in."

We step into Tiffany & Co. we are greeted by an older gentleman "Welcome gentlemen how can we help you today?"

I step forward taking Wey Ying's hand and bringing him along, I walk over to the displays, kiss his lips lightly and say "Pick your wedding ring my love."

His mouth drops open, and his gorgeous eyes go wide, I smile at his expression and look at the man helping us. "We need wedding rings please show him anything he wants; the cost doesn't matter as long as he wants it. Whatever he chooses I will need its match."

I kiss the side of his head and smile "Come on baobei take a look, I didn't get a chance to buy your ring and I want you to love it so take a look and pick out what you like."

I look at the man again "Do not show any of the prices, just let him pick it out."

The man grins and nods "This way gentlemen, our finest selection of wedding rings are right this way."

He brings out several selections and Wey Ying's eyes remain wide as he looks at and tries on several rings before he makes his decision.

He looks up and me and gives me a brilliant smile "I want this one Lan Zhan, it is beautiful."

I look at the palladium and diamond rings he's chosen for us and smile, simple and elegant, perfect. "They are perfect my Wey Ying, we'll take them," I say looking at the gentleman who's been helping us.

He smiles, I hand him my card when he comes back, and he asks "Would you like for me to put them in boxes for you sir?"

I smirk "No we will wear them now but put boxes in a bag for us so that we have them, just in case we need them for the wedding." I say placing Wey Ying's ring on his finger and then bring his finger to my lips for a kiss. He blushes sweetly and takes my ring and places it on my finger. He gives me a shy smile and I pull him into a hug chuckling.

He nods "Very good sir, here you are, have a pleasant evening gentlemen." He bows.

I take his hand as we walk out of the jewelry shop, I look at him, he has a small smile on his lips and a glimmer in his eyes. "Are you happy baobei?"

He bites his lip and nods "Very, thank you for tonight, for everything, I feel so free. It makes me feel like I am dreaming, and all of this isn't real, that I've just made it up in my head."

I tighten my grip on his hand and bring his knuckles to my lips placing a small kiss on his ring and finger "The most important thing to me now is to make sure you are happy; we have plenty of time for everything. I want to see your incredible smile and know that I put it there. Here, hop in so we can go eat." I put him in the car and kiss his lips lightly before shutting his door.

I drive us to the restaurant and pull into the valet parking stand, I get out and walk around to open his door handing my valet key to the attendant. I smile at him and put my hand on the small of his back. We walk into the restaurant and are taken to our table right away; I notice heads turning our way as we traverse the restaurant. I shield my Wey Ying as much as possible from prying eyes, but the man is just too beautiful and turns heads wherever he goes, the table is somewhat private so that I can concentrate on my Wey Ying and not on others staring at us.

I look around then at him "Well, what do you think?"

He smiles eyes twinkling "I love it, the atmosphere is posh but not stuffy and I love the softer lighting making it seem intimate without hindering visibility. I definitely want to come back especially if the food is as good as you say."

I grin while listening to him, I could just sit here and listen to him talk about anything and be perfectly happy. Our waiter comes over, smiles at us then stammers when he looks up and actually sees us, he blushes "G-good um ev-evening, ah w-what can I get f-for you gentlemen?"

His cheeks turn red as he tries to speak to us, I sigh, nothing ever changes no matter how many years "Can we have a bottle of your best merlot, a decanter for the wine, and two glasses of water please. We would also like to hear your special for tonight, is Chef Shen here?"

The waiter is nodding and gulping as he listens to me place our drink order "Our special for tonight is a braised beef tenderloin with spicy chili aioli sauce, cooked and spiced to your taste, Parmesan crusted roasted red potatoes and roasted red pepper and butternut squash purée. Yes, sir Chef Shen is here this evening if you like I can give him your name and see if he will greet you table side."

I nod "Tell him Lan Wangji would like to see him."

The waiter nods, bows and quickly dashes away to place our order.