51

Author's POV cont.

The doctor looks at Lan Zhan "Hanguang Jun when did he start getting sick?"

Wangji looking worried says "A few minutes ago, he was fine before his shower, happy even but then when he came back into the room from his shower he collapsed, I picked him up and on the way here he started vomiting."

The doctor looks at Lan Zhan "Has he eaten or drank anything recently? We need to know what he might have ingested."

Wangji nods "He had several bites of some soup the kitchen made for us before he got in the shower."

The doctor nods "Did you eat any of it or just him?"

He says "Just him, he had several bites but said he wanted a full bowl before he went to take a shower so I put it on the stove to keep it hot for him."

He nods again "Bring the soup here, we need to test it."

He nods "You have to help him, he is five weeks pregnant, call Xin he has been taking care of him since he got here."

The doctor nods "I will, go get me that soup please Hanguang Jun we need to test it as soon as possible so we know what we are dealing with."

Lan Zhan leaves and walks back to Jingshi, his front door is open, but he figures he left it that way when he left with Wey Ying, he walks into the kitchen and the pot of soup is gone. He looks around but it's nowhere to be found. His eyebrows crease in concern and he walks into the living room to get the bowl he had ladled for Wey Ying, but it's gone as well. His anger is rising, someone came into their home and took the soup and all evidence of it.

He looks around and finds a few drops on the floor, probably where Wey Ying had quickly taken several bites before running off for his shower. He goes into the kitchen and looks around to find something to scoop it up with, he finds a spatula and some plastic wrap and he goes back into the living room.

He uses the spatula to scrape it onto the plastic wrap then folds the plastic wrap up so it doesn't escape. He very quickly takes a shower and changes his clothes then throws his soiled clothes into the washer. He walks back to the emergency unit and finds Xichen, Sizhui, Cheng and Wey Ying's family all in the waiting area. He walks over to one of the nurses and hands her the plastic wrap and explains what is in it and why they need it. She nods and takes it from him, careful not to jostle the contents and goes through a set of double doors with it.

He turns to his brother "Gege." Is all he gets out before his eyes turn red and tears run down his cheeks.

Xichen grabs the back of his neck and pulls him into a hug "Don't worry we will find out who did this."

Lan Zhan hides his face in his brother's chest whispering "I can't lose them gege, I can't. I won't survive losing him again. He is supposed to be safe here."

Sizhui walks over to his father and hugs him "Dad what happened to Mama?"

He turns his red, tear-filled eyes to his son "We think he may have been poisoned. I brought the only sample I could find to be analyzed."

He turns to Xichen "Gege someone went into my house and took the soup he ate as well as the bowl he ate out of. He didn't eat a whole bowl only about half maybe a little less than half."

Wey Ying's siblings all start talking at once, Xichen holds his hand up to silence them "Don't worry we will get to the bottom of this I promise. We have some of the finest healers in the country here, he will be alright."

Healer Xin walks out of the double doors and looks at Lan Zhan "Hanguang Jun, he will be alright."

Lan Zhan takes a breath and releases it slowly nodding in relief "What happened? Was it poison?"