61

Lan Zhan's POV

The morning we were to go into seclusion we received a call from Wey Ying's grandfather, he asked us to postpone the seclusion for a day because he needed to see us before we closed ourselves off. He said that Baoshan asked him to bring us something and he was on his way to give it to us. He will be here this afternoon so we are doing our normal routine until he gets here.

'I look at him and I can't help but both worry and feel the most intense joy I have ever felt in my life. He is growing larger with our babies, and I can't seem to take my eyes off of him. He gets more and more beautiful every day, I want to hold him close to me and protect him and our children from everything. They are everything to me and I would kill and die for them, I keep running his words in my mind. There is no way he will die again, I won't let him, he will be immortal so I never have to lose him. I will never have to see him die, I will never have to watch the light dim from his eyes and I will never have to be without him. At times I feel so selfish for thinking this but I don't care, I have lost him twice and waited thousands of years, I will be as selfish as I want to be and to keep him by my side.'

By midafternoon Wey Ying's grandfather arrives at Cloud Recesses, he smiles when he gets out of the car and chuckles "Didn't I just see the three of you?"

He comically asks me, Wey Ying and Deng Chao, we smile Wey Ying steps forward "How was your flight Yeye?"

He nods "It was good your grandmother says hello and she will be coming for the birth of the babies. Now then let's go somewhere we can all talk."

We nod and he follows us to Jingshi, we walk into the house and Wey Ying makes tea while Shen sits in the living room "Cloud Recesses is everything I have always heard and more. I can see why the Lan clan has always been here. I want to come back when I have more time and really get a good feel for the place if that is alright?"

I nod "Of course, you are our family and family is always welcome in Cloud Recesses."

He grins "Good, I have been hearing about this place since I was a child, I look forward to being able to walk these grounds and feel the history of the place."

Wey Ying walks back into the room with a tray and sits it down on the tea table in front of us, he pours each of us a cup and then sits down next to me.

"What do you want to talk about Yeye? You said grandmother wanted to give us something?" Wey Ying asks as he sips his tea.

Shen smiles "Yes, first she told me to gather the ones who need to develop a golden core and bring them back with me, second she asked me to give these to you." He pulls out two vials of liquid one is blue the other is red both are glowing.

I look at the vials in his hand then back at him "What are they?"

He puts his hand out and I take the vials from him "They are elixirs, the blue one is for you Wangji the red is for AXian, she said that you both need to cultivate for three days and then on the morning of the fourth day you both have to take this and dual cultivate." He says clearing his throat, the tips of his ears turning red.

I nod "Can I assume that this will initiate the process for his body to become immortal?"

Shen nods "Yes, after you take it and cultivate, your bond will form, but it will also help protect the babies, safeguarding my great-grandchildren while AXian's body changes and the bond between the two of you forms."

Wey Ying sighs "I was worried about what might happen to the babies when my immortality is realized. I wasn't sure what to do to keep them safe. Please tell grandmother thank you for keeping our babies safe and healthy for this."