3 (part 2): Land of the Dinosaurs

Andrew groaned as he pushed the rubble off of himself. Luckily the fall was not fatal. He had landed on another lower cliff just below the one that had crumbled.

Andrew had heard many weird noises above him as his unconscious self tried to sort them out. He had heard a goat bleat, a large shrill, flapping of wings and then after all that he heard Skylar, not screaming but definitely in trouble.

His whole body ached in pain as he lay flat staring at the sky. Andrew tried moving but only succeeded in having searing pain go up his arm. Telling from his own reaction he knew it was broken.

His mind raced, they were in the Grand Canyon Diorama so what came next? He thoughts were fogged by the pain but he finally came up with the answer.

"The dinosaurs!" Andrew exclaimed almost sitting up but then winced laying back down. That's probably where Skylar is or was taken to, he worried.

He knew he had to get up. Sooner or later this cliff would collapse. So far Andrew recognized that he had a broken arm and a whole lot of pain.

Leaning on his good arm he pushed himself up to a sitting position. Not looking over the edge he staggered to his feet.

Attempting to climb with his broken arm, Andrew slowly ascended up the red rocks. The top was so close but you try doing anything with one arm.

He finally reached a part of the top that was stable and breathed quickly. The train still sat there just waiting with it striped green awning on top.

Andrew walked over to the train and as soon as he sat down it began to move.

A voice went over the speaker.
"That was the Grand Canyon as we know it today but it wasn't always that way. Quiet now as we travel back in time, back to the fantastic Primeval World, Land of the Dinosaurs."

Skylar was about to become lunch. Covered in what she hoped to be just mucus she sat in a nest, a top a hill, that was surrounded by dinosaurs.

She had been carried, rather harshly, by a flying dinosaur. She wasn't good with her Paleontology but Skylar guessed it to be a Pterodactyl.

Now it sat watching her intently. It screeched and then clapped its beak shut. Three pearly white eggs sat next to her, soon to be hatched.

The shoulder bag sat off to the side just out of her reach. It glowed inside like it wanted her to get something out of it. Skylar believed she could maybe reach it but the flying dinosaur watched her with its beady black eyes.

She stretched her arm out and barely touched the leather strap. Skylar glanced back at the Pterodactyl and it hadn't moved. She pulled it over to her and the flying dinosaur just flapped its orange wings then folded them.

Skylar stuck her hand into the glowing bag and pulled out the directions packet of papers. With difficulty she flipped the papers until one read "The Grand Canyon Diorama".

It read : 1) Loud noises will cause a landslide in the Grand Canyon
2) The flyers will carry you off of you're not careful

"Yeah that would have been nice to know before!" Skylar yelled at the paper and another direction appeared.

3) Water will get you unstuck

She wondered if this applied to her. Water was down below her surrounding the big rock formation she was on. If she could only somehow escape.

From the eggs came a large cracking sound and a big split formed into one of them. Skylar grew nervous trying to free her legs but a ringing gave her hope.