19: Mermaids and Sea Serpents

"They're responding!" Shrieked Quinn.

Having successfully sent information through a phone to Skylar and Andrew they seemed to be wanting to ask their own questions now. How the connection between worlds worked was a mystery to them all but it did.

"I didn't know that was even possible." Kenton replied in a hushed tone. "What do they want?"

She held up the phone slowly to show him the screen. The message from them only read three words "who are you?"

"Dive, Dive!" The unseen captain of the submarine commanded as alarms blared.

Bubbles seethed past the circular porthole windows as a yellow sub sunk under the water. This sub happened to carry two people that were on an endeavor to help others remember the Walt in Walt Disney.

They were on their second to last ride in the land of the future, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, where one would sit back and relax in the air conditioned submarine that never even really went underwater. That is to say that's what it would do if it were in Disneyland but they weren't in fact there. Andrew and Skylar were at the Happiest Place on Earth, at least that's what it was called. Whether it was a good thing or not that they were there was not yet decided.

Like usual, the attraction they now were in was different from the one at Disneyland. It was like a real submarine on the inside as well as the outside and it was really sinking hundreds of feet down.

Through the portholes the two passengers saw a colorful array of coral with smaller fish swimming among it. Then a couple bigger fish slowly swished through the waters and out of sight.

A few fish here and there, a diver was spotted taking an underwater photo of a particularly interesting piece of coral. He was one of the only two people seen on this voyage and the second person was Darla.

Darla the fish-killing daughter of a dentist was holding a bag with one shrimpy fish in it while she clenched her braces in a devilish smile. She was not a favorite among any Disney-lovers and Skylar and Andrew were glad when they'd gone past her.

Now their voyage was in search of an active underwater volcano so naturally the submarine headed into a cave.

Red lobsters jumped out from crevices in the rock as the yellow vessel glided by. Then the captain informed them suddenly that they had sonar hydro-phones that could actually hear fish talk.

So, fish's voices filled the submarine as they were channeled and translated from the water. Some recognizable fish included Nemo, as well as Marlin and Dory who were trying to find him. Nemo was on an adventure of his own, following Squirt around the wide ocean.

The energetic turtle led Nemo first to the EAC also known as the East Australian Current. The yellow submarine followed, a mere observer to all the excitement.

Hundreds upon thousands of sea turtles surged through the EAC along with the three fish and the sub.

Bubbles obscured Skylar and Andrew's view again and they sat back, away from the small port hole windows.

Clutched in Andrew's hand currently was their only way of communication with the outside world at the moment, or at least they believed it to be the outside world. It was hard to tell, given their circumstances, what was real and what was supposed to be fake but was proved to them to be their reality as well.