9 (part 2): Tom Sawyer's Island

"How did we manage to get out of that one?" Andrew asked.

"Norrington just wanted Jack not us, besides Jack escapes anyway. So I said we were victims and he didn't have the time to think otherwise. You know how this story goes." Skylar responded as they walked along a dirt path.

They were no longer in the world of Pirates. When they walked out of the blacksmith everything had gone back to the way it was. Now they were just on the island again.

"I wonder what else awaits us on this island." Andrew said thinking aloud.

"Who knows? This is Tom's island but then again it's about Pirates too."Skylar replied.

"What was your plan back there anyways? Intercepting their fight like that wasn't the best idea." He questioned, remembering her jumping in between Will and Jack.

"I was fine. Trust me I can handle myself."

"I see that more and more. But have a little faith in me too, you know." Andrew sighed, feeling like she didn't need his help for anything.

"The touch with the gun was nice, thank you, but we just didn't have enough time. I'm not sure what are purpose is here, I haven't been to this island in a long time."

"Neither have I, although I do think this was an important place for Walt, we've just got to figure out how." Andrew added.

"Think, can you remember anything else on this island?" Skylar asked, trying to figure out what they should prepare for next.

"There is little left that is still about Tom Sawyer but they still have his fort here." He replied, thinking about the island.

"Let's start there, I believe that is it." She said looking a a tall tower made of rock and wood.

They walked up to this structure with caution. It was a maze and some how they had to figure out how to get to the top. Andrew went in first and Skylar followed and as he went into the dimly lit cave.

This cave spiraled up with stairs cut out of the rock. Tiny holes were about in the rock and that was their only source of light.

They climbed for what seemed an hour then finally broke out into daylight. Tom's fort seemed to be nothing but a treehouse that was built on rock instead.

"I think this is the only part left about Tom Sawyer on Tom Sawyer's island. It's ironically sad." Skylar said examining the tiny wooden platform.

"Well Tom Sawyer ran away to be a pirate in the book, so they added Pirates of the Caribbean into that mix." Andrew concluded, peering through a metal telescope.

"Wait, I was wrong. Fort Wilderness is still here!" She exclaimed, seeing a giant fort in a different telescope.

"Not for long." He said quietly.

"What?" She pulled herself away from the telescope.

"Early the phone told of Star Wars land cutting off the Indian Village remember?" Andrew recalled, looking at a paper he had found on the floor. "It's doing more than that. Star Wars land is also getting rid of 1/3 of this island."

She grabbed the paper from him. "This is getting worse by the minute. We better go back down."

He agreed and they climbed back down the tunnel.