17 (part 2): The Past in the Future

Kenton and Quinn had the pleasure of going through the process two years ago. Ever since, they'd been left alone, for the most part. Now, they risked their own safety to put a stop to the latest test.

Being one of the only ones to have allegedly succeeded, they were the only ones to have tried to stand in the way and in the way was a very dangerous place to be.

Having had no success in contacting them so far, they wished to vacate the premises of all this immediately.

Quinn insisted on trying this rescue mission again while Kenton found it all too risky. Caught, they'd be as good as dead and unlike Andrew and Skylar, no one would miss them if they just disappeared.

"The end of the People Mover, 1995 wasn't it?" Andrew asked, trying to recall the history of the land of the future.

"Yes, I believe so. And then it was Rockets Rods..." Skylar's voice trailed off as the People Mover seemed to react to her words.

They had stopped back at the beginning station and everything became distorted, rearranging itself.

The People Mover's little square-shaped vehicles elongated and the roofs just dissolved all together. Seats formed, putting themselves in single-file and metal bars came out on both sides of them, curving until they planted themselves to the ground as well. With the sides completely open, the only thing holding them into the car was the seatbelt fastened, a little too tightly, across their chests.

The Rocket Rods vehicle seated five people, three in single file and two as somewhat of a love seat in the back.

Skylar and Andrew repositioned themselves into seats as the attraction shifted to another part of the past.

Rockets Rods was a short lived ride which lasted only two years. The main complaints were that it had a long line and a short riding time. Although, I think Andrew and Skylar would have to add it was too fast!

Going through, almost if not the exact, track of the People Mover, the Rocket Rod car sped up, slowed to almost a stop and then ran forward with another burst of speed.

Whizzing past Star Tours first, the rest of the ride was going by just as fast.

The Rocket Rods were designed to make the rider feel the full effects of speed. The cars were open to allow as much air as possible to hit the passenger. A loud whining sound was also made to give the illusion of a jet in flight.

Rumor has it, Rocket Rods was cracking the concrete tank on Submarine Voyage.

There were many memories that went along with this ride.

Skylar compared the two owners of the track that now just lay empty in the present. The track was home to the fastest and slowest ride in the park. That in itself was pretty cool.

Before either of those attractions there was one more, but not on the track. It used the space of Rocket Rods queue and was eventually called Circle Vision 360.

The attraction showed four different films over the years. You would stand and look up at one of the nine screens that formed a circle very high above eye level.