20: Don't Text and Drive, Not Even in the Future

The car screeched and veered to the left, bumping the curb that surrounded both sides of the road. The impact was little to none, the car just hit it and bounced off, despite the fact that the sides were not padded. The vehicle, a dark blue, swerved left and right slightly every so often as it wound through a series of curves.

No, the driver wasn't drunk but perhaps a little unexperienced in the realm of driving.

"You are awful at driving!" Skylar exclaimed as they hit the curb again.

"It's not as if I know what I'm doing!" Andrew protested, turning the black wheel to maneuver the car around another turn.

"Your parents never taught you how to?" She asked, truly bewildered and shocked that he did not know such a simple skill.

"No, knowing it's not legal for me to I haven't been thinking about learning yet. Is that so crazy?" Andrew defended, then after a moment of thinking he looked at her. "You know how to drive?"

"I do." She answered briefly. "Eyes on the road!"

Andrew had been busy looking at her and got distracted from the road a bit, resulting in a harder hit of a the curb a few times in the road.

He had been thinking about her answer, Skylar could drive, and it wasn't like a big thing either, it seemed to be a given, in whatever life it is she led outside. Skylar could drive and also seemed to be able to sword fight pretty well, rock climb, handed a rifle, use a stalactite like a knife, and was overall very skilled in pretty much everything, besides ghost hunting.

The thing was, all the stuff she had the most experience in weren't normal things a person would just know how to do in their life. It made Andrew even more curious about her.

"Why did you want me to drive again if you know how to?" Andrew questioned, remembering their previous car ride in Indiana Jones.

"I don't know, I didn't feel like driving." He hit another curb. "On second thought, I think I would have less whiplash if I would have." She sighed, wincing at his bad driving.

They passed a triangular, flashing yellow sign that read "Do not bump car in front ." The sign depicted one car hitting the back of another with an X over the action.

The car drove through two open green gates that said led to the Car Park. The Car Park was a nice little area of grass with little lampposts standing every few feet. There was also a miniature metal statue of a car that used to be used as a tiny car for children, back when the ride first opened.

Autopia has been open ever since the opening of the Disneyland in 1955. There were three different types of cars, regular, junior, and midget. Today, only the regular two person cars are left. The other types of cars are still on display in the Car Park.

Another statue in the Car Park had two of the smaller cars almost stood up vertically on their bumpers with their fronts touching keeping them balanced.

It was a nice little section of the ride that helped people remember the past of Autopia.

Soon, they were through the park and passed another sign that warned not to bump the car in front. No other cars were seen though, so that wasn't hard to do.

Wind through their hair, Skylar and Andrew rode around more turns in silence and thought.

Then finally, Skylar spoke.

"Do we dare trust them?" She said out of the blue.

"We don't have much to go on, but what have we got to lose?" Andrew worded slowly.