5: Lots of water

The "waterfall" was about 3 feet long. Both had fallen into just a puddle. Still soaking wet they dripped over to the only thing they saw, a humble little cottage.

The pair walked inside, shutting the door and immediately a wave of drowsiness washed other them. Skylar caught herself thinking about how inviting the wooden floor looked just to curl up and sleep on. Andrew saw her crouching down and quickly shook her.

"We can't fall asleep." He warned her but Andrew too was very tired all of a sudden.

"Think!" He said yawning. " Winnie the Pooh didn't exist back then but something else was here."

"It wassss..." Skylar slurred with her head drooping.

"Bear Country Jamboree." Andrew concluded, stumbling over his over feet, barely awake.

She gave him a look not recalling what that even was.

"You know the show with the talking bears with instruments. Max, Buff and Melvin? The deer, buffalo and moose? They used to talk to the audience also but now they are hidden in Winnie the Pooh at Disneyland." His eyes dropped and both of the fell with a thud to the floor.

A doorway opened up on the wall and recognizable voices could be heard from within.

"Hey what's going on? Let's get on with the show, we can't wait here all day." A deep voice said and Andrew recognized it as Buff.

"Now Buff be patient." Max the deer said in a cheerful tone.

"Yeah we ain't going anywhere anyhow." A goofy sounding moose named Melvin said.

Although not being able to see in the room they knew they had to get in there. Still laying on the floor, both were overwhelmingly tired. The doorway seemed miles away and being on the floor made it worse.

Trying to stand up Andrew legs gave out again and he fell back down harshly. Skylar made no such effort attempting to only keep her eyes open. It got darker and darker to them even though the room was brightly lit.

Their eyelids closed and they went into a not at all peaceful sleep.

"Heffalumps and Woozles. Heffalumps and Woozles. Steal Hunny. Beware. Beware!"

Swirling darkness was all they could see when colors popped out swirling and dancing in odd patterns. Elephant-looking creatures danced around wearing bright mix-matched neons colors. Some danced in lines while others shrunk up and just disappeared.

Skylar and Andrew were well aware they were in a dream but it was all so vivid. This was the type of dream where they were just watching and couldn't do anything. They couldn't see themselves like you can some times in a dream so the things couldn't touch them.

Skylar tried desperately to jolt herself awake and finally succeeded. She opened her eyes to the floor again and she instinctively hit Andrew to wake him up. He groaned opening his eyes as well but both felt so helpless and weak. The same sleepy essence surrounded them and it just hovered over them pressing their eyelids down.

The pair had only made it a few inches by crawling when they again conked out. This time was different, they could see themselves and actually move around but that made it worse.

Woozles covered in a gooey yellow substance globbed towards them. One shaped as an elephant strung the yellow stuff out in thin lines and played a few chords like a harp. Most of these creatures were indescribable because they weren't even close to anything they'd ever see before.

Soon they realized the yellow stuff was honey but they realized it too late as a pot dumped over covering them head to toe in a sticky mess. It felt near impossible for them to get out of this predicament so once again they attempted to wake up.

This time they pinched themselves awake and crawled several more inches until going back asleep. This happened in a ongoing pattern much like a strobe light. Once second it was bright, the next dark and sticky. This went on and on at a very slow pace.

Finally reaching the door jam they used the last amount of small energy they had to pull through it and immediately the sleepiness aura was gone.

"Who knew sleeping could be so tiring?" Skylar quipped.

.

.

.

"Bear country jamboree opened in 1972, after Walt." Andrew sighed flipping through files.

"Aww cheer up little fella. The band's a starting." Melvin replied happily swinging his antlers back and forth.

A group of furry bears came out with instruments and began playing a tune. The front bear Al strummed on a banjo while tapping his foot and the others followed along.

"Let's go." Skylar shook her head at the weird sight.

They walked out of the small cabin and went on to the only other ride in Critter Country.

"Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah Zip-A-Dee-Ay my oh my what a wonderful day!"

"This song is driving me crazy." Skylar yelled as they rode in a bumpy wooden log.

The log ran on a track under the water. The Audio-Animatronics sang and danced in the usual pattern.

"Hey Skylar?" Andrew called to her. She sat I the front of the log and he was a few seats back.
Skylark hummed in response and he continued. "After this is all over, what do you plan on doing?"

"What do mean?" Skylar asked confused but still had her back towards him.

"Well say if we do succeed and get out of the Happiest Place on Earth, then what?"

After Andrew said that the log took a dip and glided down a small hill. A wave of water hit Skylar in the front.

She shivered, standing up and having cold water splash onto her feet. Then Skylar continued on with their conversation like nothing had happened.

"When we get out-" She said with confidence. "I'll just carry on. Everything will be back to normal so what else will there be to do?" She shrugged.

"But what if it's not? What if something's different? If we do get out we still have to convince everyone to remember Walt. The statue said that the lands were dying." Andrew thought more and more about this, knowing that it couldn't be as easy as it sounded.

Skylar was silent for a while. The log began to climb up the last very steep hill and all the water ran to the back of it. Black mechanical vultures looked down on them with narrowed eyes.

"Skylar?"

"I don't know what we're going to do but I do know your right, it is different. I just found this floating in the water." She turned towards him and held in her hand an Iphone.

Two picture messages popped up on the front. Andrew clicked on them and it filled the whole screen.

They were pictures of the park, the real one, Disneyland. Someone had taken screenshots of an article about Disneyland. The headline read "Disneyland kills off plants" and below showed an air-view of the park.

It was no longer a luscious green park. All the greenery and trees that were throughout Disneyland had died off. The article said it was from California's horrible drought but the pair knew better.

The log dove down into the last big drop, casting a giant wave over the whole log and everything was soaked with the water of Splash Mountain.

Hey guys I know not many people are reading this story so I stopped writing for a little bit but now I'm back. Still this has very little reads but I won't stop writing. I love to write so even if no one reads this I won't stop but if you like this story let me know!
Vote & comment!