17 (part 1): The Past in the Future

The People Mover, Flying Saucers, Mission to Mars, Adventure through Inner Space. It was all there and some of the other attractions hadn't been created yet.

The giant structure in the middle of the land was the queue and entrance for the People Mover. The little four car 'trains' had cute colors of the 50's and chugged along a track slowly, while reciting a spiel of Tomorrowland's history. Of course now the people mover is history.

Skylar and Andrew decided this would be the first ride they would do, on their detour in the past. It would show them everything in the land and hopefully give them some important information as well.

It did not surprise them to have gone back in time, in a way. Although, it was strange that they were in a futuristic land in the past. The past in the future. Skylar pointed this out but Andrew just shrugged in response, nothing really fazed them that much when it came to the transporting thing.

"You will now be getting a grand circle tour of Tomorrowland aboard the People Mover, the first system of its kind in the world. Since it's opening in 1967 the People Mover has carried more than 50 million guests." A chipper female voice began on the speech as the Mover slowly chugged down the long stretch of the track it had to cover before turning.

Their view was facing the hub but even that looked very different. The trees were so small compared to the present and the Partners statue could be clearly seen gleaming in the middle.

Skylar narrowed her eyes at that piece of metal and tensed up as she remembered when they had last conversed with it. The idea that it talked or moved at all was creepy enough in itself but somehow there seem to be more running it than "magic."

Although a believer in magic, since she had to accept the fact at some point where she was, Skylar and Andrew, alike, were not fans in any kind of enchantment that was done to the statue.

There was another factor, the phone, which had been randomly found floating in the waters of Splash Mountain and worked perfectly fine, had just been called. By whom, they had no idea and it's not like they could dial back.

Andrew picked up on something though. The statue had never mentioned this communication they were given and they had never told him of it. That meant there might be someone else out there trying to contact them, but why?

They both studied and analyzed the hub with their intense gazes until the People Mover finally began to turn left.

Not familiarized with these old attractions very much, they didn't know exactly what the ride consisted of. Much of the old track, if not all, existed still in the current Disneyland within a lot of the new-fangled attractions. Still, this was quite a while before their time and they just hoped the dangers were as outdated as the old rides that held them.

First on the list of sights to see was the inside of Star Tours and they knew this for in the queue of this ride you could still catch a glimpse of the track if you knew where it was. It hid behind a big spaceship from the Star Wars movies. C-3po stood next to it greeting the guests and talking of space travel while     R2-D2 beeped and whooped from the ship which he was supposed to be controlling.

This is what they saw next, or the back of it anyways as they entered the Star Tours building. Of course there was no queue of people but the robots were very talkative as it were.

"Hello, I am C-3PO and this is my counterpart R2-D2." A rather tall gold robot said.

The other one he was referring to, R2-D2, beeped in response to his introduction as he sat in his rightful place on the star speeder. This white and blue droid was always very responsive even though many people couldn't understand his own language. His head swiveled back and forth when he was speaking and as fans of Star Wars people grew fond of the little robot.