11 (part 3): Haunted Mansion Holiday

Black, black as black could be. Something howled at an unseen moon. Something hissed and slithered around the floor.

Something, or rather someone was lost in the never ending darkness. Two someone's in fact, Skylar and Andrew.

Deafening noise of unimaginable sounds, doors creaked on hinges, things scuffed on the ground. Maybe it was better to see nothing then connect visuals with these sounds.

'Twas the Nightmare Before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was peaceful, not even a mouse.

The stockings all hung by the children with care, when opened this morning would cause such a scare!

The voice laughed menacingly and echoed until it faded away. Although the sounds stayed.

Then all of a sudden a dim light could be seen among all the black. Zero's nose emitted a little orange light causing Skylar and Andrew to notice that they were in fact right next to each other.

Zero smiled and flew towards them, feeling right at home, for he was. Their surrounding could not be seen but Skylar had a bad feeling about things.

Zero reached them and the noise just stopped. In a flash, the lights were on and everything could be seen.

"Making Christmas, Making Christmas. Making Chriiiiistmas." They shrieked and moaned.

Gift bags and packages, toys wrapped with bows. They were strange and bizarre and on the attack! Gifts snarled and boxes jumped but they weren't the problem. Everything lined the two walls of the endless hallway!

Zero swooped and he grinned happy to be here. His bowl spelled his name out and was filled with bones. The wreath that hung was entirely of bones but as thrilled as Zero was Skylar feelings we're not mutual!

She grew pale and was speechless, Andrew thought she might faint again. They stood in the horror at the twisted Christmas display. They were trapped just like before in an endless realm. Only this time being chased by the toys of Santa Claws.

Instead of a Jack in the box and evil pumpkin filled the place of the Jack. It jumped after them with laughter. A wooden duck on wheels had razor teeth and blood dripping from the wings. Those were not the worst for Scary teddy flew after them with quite some speed as well.

Zero flew with them as they ran to nowhere. This hall never did end and they weren't going to stop and try a door.

It all went dark, something they were kind of grateful for, and they stopped running. Lights came on and they were not in the hallway anymore.

They ended up somewhere else in the mansion. A part that almost looked normal besides the creepy pictures and dark purple wallpaper. There was nothing attacking them and nothing around, that they could see.

"Are you okay?" Andrew asked Skylar quietly.

"I'm alive." Was all she responded then Skylar spoke up again. "I don't remember this part of the ride at all."

"Neither do I." He said, glancing around nervously.

A wreath, just a green wreath made of leaves hung on the wall. Besides that there was nothing holiday here.

"Where's Zero?" Andrew asked trying to fill the silence.

"Who knows, some help he is." Skylar scoffed, and swallowed waiting for something, anything to happen.

She turned to study the wall and came to look at the green wreath.

"This is out of place." Skylar commented, looking at it closely.

Andrew looked at the wreath and something clicked in his brain.

"No it's not!" He pulled her away from it as yellow eyes popped out of the leafy wreath.

It growled and grew four tendrils out of itself. It grew five times its size and the tendrils reached out ready to squeeze the life out of whatever it grabbed.

A man-eating wreath makes a wonderful wreath as long as you don't get caught in its teeth

The hole in the middle of the wreath grew sharp teeth that gnashed at them. It snarled and tried to catch the with its 'tentacles'. It's yellow eyes bared down on them and red flowers began to pop up all over the floor. They too had teeth and were attacking them with pleasure.

The two made it to the next room even with those things tearing at their clothes. A strong smell of gingerbread met their nose for they had entered the dining room.

With some treats and some games, you can make a scene merry. Why even a gingerbread house could be scary

Sure enough the gigantic gingerbread house sat on the table. About 10 feet tall, it was as strange as everything else in this house.

This is where they met up with Zero. He swooped around the table and then floated to their side.

"Thanks for the help." Andrew grimaced at the ghost dog.

"Come on." Skylar sighed and Zero had them follow him.

He led them to another place they weren't happy to revisit, the attic. More presents, everywhere.

The giant snake didn't help. A very large orange and black striped boa constrictor was eating the naught and nice list along with some of the presents.

Zero flew past this and went out side where they found another surprise.

Sandy claws worked his magic both outside and in , but one final touch made his bony face grin. "Now what better gift on my friends to bestow, than a graveyard that's covered in ghostly white snow!"

Jack Skeleton, tall and thin, stood before them in his red suit and Santa hat. Zero barked at him in delight and lit up his pumpkins nose.

"Look Zero! I think they like our Christmas!" Jack smiled at the two kids at they stood there in awe. Zero barked in agreement with him and didn't follow the teens and further. He was staying with his owner.

The graveyard was indeed covered in snow.

Andrew glanced over at Skylar and saw her begin to freak out. The first time they had gone through here was not fun and this time it was Christmas.

He took a deep breath of the cold crisp and then took Skylar's hand and led her through there. The snow under their shoes crunched as they walked through the graveyard. Not an ideal Christmas but it was white.

Pumpkins glowed and snowflakes fell. Tombstones moved and bats flew around. The glow of the moon on the new fallen snow was enough for the two as they walked through the cemetery.

"You know something?" Skylar said quietly, seeing her breath in the cold air.

"What?" Andrew asked, studying her and watching the snow cover her hair.

"This wasn't as half bad  the second time. Now that---- I know you."

"Merry Christmas." Andrew said softly as snow blurred their vision.

"Merry Christmas." She whispered and they were on the train.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!!!!!!

~Disneyfanaticforever