~22~

Taylor's POV

"Well unfortunately we have to clean up the crime scene, her mother got involved with fentanyl, and it's all over her mothers room. She is no longer alive, her father has been put into intensive treatment and rehab, so it would be a few weeks, but when that is cleared, she will be able too, yes," Taryn explained and my heart sank. Travis then came around the corner.

"What do we do to keep our girl safe?" Travis asked.

"Well that's what I was about to ask for your future, what is it looking like for your careers?" She asked.

"Im resuming Football in the spring, I may not be part taking in the Super Bowl this year. But I will be attending practices when the are in the area, I plan on taking Hannah with me to watch," Travis said.

"And with you Taylor?" She asked.

"Im working from home mainly, but I moved my tour to next year, I rather be home to take care of Hannah," I said. Travis then wrapped his arms around me.

"And what about school?" She asked.

"Online learning, we don't want to expose her to the bullying and have her be talked about because her parents are famous," Travis said.

"What else do we need to know about her that you can share?" I asked.

"Well we know she's extremely intelligent, but she doesn't show it often, she loves soccer and gymnastics and she's a big musician. She also is a huge fan of you, that may be a main reason she's a little timid. She had a good one with her dad for the most part, so her attachment with Travis makes sense. She also has ptsd from a lot of places, restaurants or rooms that look remotely familiar to her home. For the trauma, she has been shackled by her own mother daily, she's severely underweight and weak, she also doesn't do well when voices are raised at her. She stutters in a panic, so be patient with her. And buying things to win her over is definitely a lot harder because she was used for show during her mothers shackling. Mainly physical abuse, verbal and emotional," She explained. Travis was crying, and so was I. My poor baby.

"Travis!" Hannah whined and he got up so quick to see her.

"Travis is such a good dad to her it's unbelievable," i said.

"And do you believe you're not a good mom?" She asked. The fuck?

"Im trying my hardest, Travis has nieces, he knows what it's like, this is all new to me," I said.

"Do you think you can manage this?" She asked.

"Of course I can, I'm an adult whose learning to, she's just more comfortable around Travis and I'm okay with that," I explained.

"So I think from here will have monthly visits, and check up on Hannah and how things are going but I can say things are going well for you two and I hope for the best," Taryn said.

"Thank you," I said and she shook my hand and I lead her to the door.

I walked back to the living room and I saw Hannah watching videos on Travis phone of me when I was younger. I sat down and watched the two bond.

"You're so pretty Taylor," Hannah said.

"Why thank you baby," I said to her.

"Hey why don't we bring the dogs to the park and we can put the cats in the cat stroller hmm? How does that sound?" I suggested.

"Fun!" Hannah said and we all got up and got the pets and walked outside.

It was such a nice fall day and it was so nice to walk down the street with my boyfriend, and our foster daughter with our 5 pets as a family.

•••

Hannah was running around with the dogs while I sat with Travis.

" So how'd the meeting go? Sorry I was with Han most of the time," he said.

"It was alright, she was very intimidating, but how are we going to break the news to Hannah? About her mom?" I asked.

"Will take her out to ice cream later, I rather tell her now then wait," Travis said.

"Ow!" I heard a cry and I ran over to Hannah who has fallen chasing after Rambo.

"Oh babe, it's alright!" I said to her and she reached out to Travis.

"It's alright your old man's got you," Travis said and all I could do was smile.

"What's hurting you Hannah?" I asked her and she pointed to her ankle.

"Oh kiddo," Travis said looking at the shackle marks.

"Can you walk honey?" I asked. I helped her up and she could walk but it her ankles are still very weak.

"Okay Han I think we should go now. Get some ice cream?" I suggested. She nodded with a teary smile.

•••

Uhm 15k?! What the frick?! That's insane! Anyway I love you all!

<3 Maesie