Werewolf PT. I

A/N: Happy Halloween everyone! I tried to write something to celebrate Halloween. Hope you enjoy!

"Don't go in those woods, Y/N," my father warned me as I was wandering around the wooded area that was behind our house.

"I am not going to go that far in," I said.

"Just please be careful."

"What's back there?" I asked, trying to see further than my line of sight, trying to detect any sort of motion.

"Just please don't go back there," my father sighed. "There have been sightings of a giant wolf and the people here are scared."

"It's understandable that they're scared, but maybe it's just passing through."

"Just be careful. I set bear traps back there."

"Bear traps?"

"Yeah."

I sighed, "Alright. I'll be careful."

Walking straight back, I disappeared into the woods and wandered around, taking in the scenery. It had just hit fall and the leaves were starting to turn colors of the setting sun. All the oranges, reds, and yellows came together to create such a scenic moment that it felt like I was walking in a painting. It all felt surreal.

What pulled me back to reality was hearing something in the distance followed by a howl. Other poeple would have ran out of the woods, scared and fearful, but I was drawn closer to what made that sound and where it came from. Heading deeper into the woods, there was a large cluster of trees that hid the animal that just howled. Peeking out from behind the tree, there was a large wolf that had jet black fur. They were thrashing around, snarling as they struggled to get free from the bear trap my father set. After a few minutes of this, they fell onto the ground and started to whine. Slowly coming out from behind the tree, the leaves shuffled and the wolf picked its head up, snarling at me.

"Hey, hey," I whispered, raising my hands up. "It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you."

The wolf growled as I slowly made my way towards the bear trap. Crouching down, I eyed that the trap had clamped tightly around the left hind leg. Blood was seeping out from the wound and I knew I would have to suffer the same injuries if I wanted to get the wolf out. Grabbing onto the trap, the wolf barked at me, bearing its fangs.

"It's ok," I pulled my hands back. "It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise. I'm here to help."

The wolf whined before turning towards me, laying down. Their head was resting on their front paws. I titled my head to the side as I found their eyes in the mess of fur. They were amber. Odd for a wolf. Reaching my hand out, I carefully placed my hand on the wolf's head, rubbing it. The wolf let out a soft whine as their eyes closed.

"It's going to be ok. I'm here to help," I said before removing my hand from its head, going back to gripping the trap.

Carefully opening it up, I felt the metal teeth dig into my palms and blood started to come out from the cuts. Once the trap was open enough, the wolf slipped its leg out and I immediately let go of the trap, removing my hands as the sharp metal slammed shut. I let out a deep sigh of relief, knowing I still had both of my hands, but they were bleeding. The wolf stood up, limped over to me, and I went to pet its head once more. Moving away from me, they used their nose and nudged my hands open, eyeing at the wounds I had. Their tongue came out from their mouth and started licking at my wounds. I wasn't going to lie, feeling that warm, slobbery tongue run across my hands was something I wasn't expecting this afternoon. It felt gross too.

"Ok, thank you," I said, looking for a place to wipe my hands once they were done.

The wolf laughed like a hyena. I thought that it was odd that it made that kind of sound. Laying on the ground, the wolf rolled onto its back, that same laughing sound coming from its mouth. Soon, the wolf started to diminish in size and their jet black fur turned into tan skin and took the shape of a person. Laying on their back was a woman who had on a black tank top, jeans, and hiking boots. Her hair was just as black as her fur, but it took the form of a mohawk and braids. Sitting up, she wiped her eyes, those amber eyes of hers.

"Sorry," she chuckled, reaching into her back pocket to pull out a small hand towel.

"T-Thanks," I said, wiping the mixture of her spit and blood onto it.

"Couldn't help myself," she said, an Aussie accent complimenting her middle range voice.

"Y-You're a werewolf," I said.

"Have been my entire life," she sighed.

"That's amazing!"

"Amazin'?"

"Yeah! Do you change on the full moon like they say?"

"Well I can change 'ere and there whenever I feel like it, but whenever there is a full moon, I tend to try to stay inside. I-I get a bit feral when a full moon comes on. Which is every month. It's kind of like how women and young girls menstruate every month, except I don't do that. I go feral for about 12 hours."

"Wow," I awed at her, taking note of when she talked, she had little fangs on both her bottom and lower jaw.

"No one has been interested in me before," she said. "Usually when I change from my wolf form to human form, everyone yells that I'm a monster."

Reaching over, I placed my hand on her cheek, caressing the skin with my thumb.

"You're not a monster."

A soft whine came from her throat as she leaned towards me and placed her forehead against mine. I placed my other hand on her cheek, caressing both sides of her face.

"I've waited so long to hear those words," she whispered, reaching up to grab my hands.

"I can help you with your injury," I said.

"I should help with yours. Come on," she pulled away. "I can give you a ride back to my place."

"You live around here?"

"Yep. I've been livin' in these woods ever since I was a baby," she said, turning into a wolf.

I climbed onto her back and she walked further into the woods, limping from the bear trap.