chapter 2

New crew member

Camille's P.O.V

Two days passed since I got to Zak's house, I had just got out of the shower when I heard the guys downstairs talking loud when I seen someone that I didn't recognize and my brother quickly introduced me to him since I was still learning English again, I had forgot the language after being in France since I was sixteen which was almost ten years ago.

Zak: Dakota this is my baby sister Camille.

Dakota: it's nice to meet you Camille.

I watched as he stuck his hand out and I gently shook it but didn't know what he said so I remained quiet until Zak told me what he said.

Zak: Dakota dit que c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer.

Dakota says it's nice to meet you.

Camille: c'est un plaisir de te rencontrer aussi Dakota.

It is nice meeting you too Dakota.

Dakota: I didn't know your sister was French, you could have told me Zak.

Zak: you speak French?

Dakota: it's a bit rusty but I took a class when I was in school.

Zak: go for it...

I let go of his hand and smiled at him after he looked at me. I wasn't sure what was going on but I waited patiently for someone to say something.

Dakota: Je n'ai pas parlé français depuis des années, alors pardonnez-moi si je dis quelque chose de mal, mais j'espère que vous apprécierez votre séjour à Vegas.

I haven't spoken French in years so forgive me if I say something wrong, but I hope you enjoy your stay in Vegas.

Camille: Je ne savais pas qu'aucun des amis de Zak parlait français, mais en fait, je ne suis allée nulle part depuis mon retour, alors peut-être que je m'amuserai bientôt.

I wasn't aware any of Zak's friends spoke French, but I actually haven't been anywhere since I returned so maybe I will enjoy myself soon.

Dakota: Je serai heureux de vous faire passer un bon moment, est-ce que ça vous va ?

I will happy to show you a good time, is that okay with you?

Camille: J'aimerais que. Quand veux-tu commencer?

I would love that. When do you want to start?

Dakota: Je peux venir te chercher à huit heures ce soir.

I can pick you up at eight tonight.

Camille: super, je te verrai ce soir.

great, I will see you tonight.

I watched as he left and Zak walked outside with him, I felt a little uneasy about being alone with a guy. I haven't been able to get over the terrible thing that happened to me when I was a teenager or the words he said but I had spoken to Zak about it and he agreed to go with me if I wanted him to and I told him that I would call him if I needed him to get me. I needed to start trusting guys again and something deep down was telling me that Dakota wasn't going to hurt me and I needed to believe that.

The time had come for Dakota and myself to hang out and I started feeling uneasy the moment we left Zak's house but I tried not to let it show, I kept telling myself that I was safe but it wasn't enough for me to stop the anxiety building up in my chest and while we were standing alone near his car, he noticed that I was upset.

Dakota: qu'est-ce qui ne va pas?

What's wrong?

Camille: mon anxiété prend le dessus sur moi.

my anxiety is getting the best of me.

Dakota: tu veux que je te ramène à la maison?

Do you want me to take you back home?

Camille: non, j'ai juste besoin de me remettre du souvenir de ce qui m'est arrivé quand j'étais plus jeune. J'irai bien.

no, I just need to get over the reminder of what happened to me when I was younger. I will be fine.

We sat in his car until I calmed down, he gently held my hand while I silently cried. I knew it would probably take a toll on me but I decided to hang out with him anyway and have dinner with him and rode a few of the rides together along with other things before he took me back to Zak's house which I didn't get back until after midnight. I noticed that he wasn't anywhere in the house so I decided to get a shower before I went to bed.