chapter 26

Seeing her again

Jake's P.O.V

It's been several months since the night Cameron and I shared, I had constantly thought about it and it made me realize that I still had feelings for her which I needed her to know. I had been hanging out with Colby and Sam when I seen her sitting on the balcony that was outside of her bedroom, I waited for the guys to go inside before I told her.

I climbed up to the balcony and waited for her to come outside and I told her but she told me that she was dating Colby which made things awkward.

She let me go through her room so the guys wouldn't suspect a thing and I played it off like I had went to the bathroom while they weren't looking which they believed it even though I knew she would eventually tell Colby what I did.

I thought about leaving so things wouldn't be weird between us but she acted like it never happened and we hung out for almost half the night before I left. I knew that I needed to let her go since she was going out with Colby, I was about to get in my car when she stopped me.

Cameron: I know things probably felt awkward but you don't need to stop hanging out with the guys just because I live with them, you are their friends and I don't want to come between that.

Jake: I appreciate you wanting me to keep hanging out with them but I don't think I can knowing that you're here, I am attracted to you Cameron and those feelings aren't just going to end.

Cameron: is it cause we slept together?

Jake: mostly yeah...

Cameron: I can assure you that I never wanted that to happen Jake I...

Jake: you were drunk I know but it's not going to change the way I feel about you, what we did was real regardless if you were drunk or not...

Cameron: I'm sorry Jake but I don't feel that way about you. I love Colby and I always will...

Jake: I understand but it's not enough, You love him and I love you.

Cameron: please don't do that Jake...

I gently placed my hand on her cheek while looking into her eyes and I could tell deep down that she had feelings for me even though she was denying it.

I got in my car and drove away while she stood in the driveway...