chapter 23

Talking about it

Colby's P.O.V

It's been several months since I last spoke with Cameron and I know she wanted to talk about what her and Jake did. I knew she probably didn't mean to but it didn't help the fact that she still cheated on me.

I had talked it over with Sam and he suggested that I talked with her which is what I did, I had sent her a text asking her to meet me at a nearby restaurant and she said she would. I patiently waited for her and she arrived a few minutes later.

Cameron: hey, sorry it took so long to get here. I was taking Gracie for a walk when you text me.

Colby: that's okay, I haven't been here long.

Cameron: so what's up...?

Colby: I was hoping we could talk.

Cameron: umm sure but can we take a walk while we talk?

Colby: okay...

We quickly left the restaurant and began talking about what happened.

Colby: I know that I overreacted that morning before you had the chance to tell me what happened but I spoke with Jake about it and he said that you didn't want it to happen.

Cameron: I honestly didn't, it was a mistake. I drank too much that night and well...

Colby: I want to work things out but I'm not sure if you do, I didn't realize that you got drunk and slept with him.

Cameron: I get that you regret breaking up with me but I don't want you feeling like you have to keep apologizing for something I did. I am sorry for cheating on you and I would like to work things out but I don't want this to be to be mentioned every time we get into an argument.

Colby: the last thing I want to do is keep bringing it up but I do want to know one thing though...

Cameron: what is it?

Colby: do you love him?

Cameron: no, he's a good friend but I don't have feelings for him Colby, I love you...

Colby: I love you too...

Cameron: so does this mean we're back together?

Colby: yeah but we're still going to take things slow.

Cameron: of course...

I felt her rest her hand on my arm after she placed her arm through mine as we headed to her house...