chapter 24

Christmas Fights

Cameron's P.O.V

I had been sitting around the table with Zak along with his mom and dad while we had a family dinner. I couldn't help but notice that Zak and his dad hadn't spoken a word to each other and it became clear why as the started yelling at each other about me

His dad: I don't understand why she has to be here, she's not part of this family.

Zak: she is part of this family whether you like it or not.

His dad: she is not my daughter!

His mom: will you both start arguing?

After several more minutes of them going back and forth, I excused myself from the table and left the house as I started walking; where I was going I didn't care as long as I didn't have to hear them fighting because of me spending dinner with them.

I seen a car pull up beside me and I seen Zak sitting in the driver seat so I quickly got in beside him then he began driving to his house.

Zak: I am sorry for what happened back there, he just doesn't understand that's all...

Cameron: he has never accepted me as part of the family.

Zak: you've always been family Cam, he just doesn't see that yet.

Cameron: and he never will...

Zak: he doesn't have to accept you, mom and myself love you regardless of what he says about you.

Cameron: but he is right, I'm not part of the family Zak and I don't want to cause problems between you and them.

Zak: it doesn't matter how you become part of the family Camille, all that matters is that you know how much we love you.

Cameron: I don't understand why he treats me this way.

Zak: don't worry about him, he will eventually accept you as family.

Cameron: I just feel like I don't belong anywhere.

I seen him look at me after he parked the car in the driveway of his home and we walked inside and I walked to my room then closed the door behind me...