chapter 8

Unexpected Visitors

Camille's P.O.V

Two days passed since Colby left and I hadn't seen or heard anything unusual from the person that tried breaking in and it wasn't until I got home that I seen a couple of strange men in my house when I returned from working at my brother's museum. I wasn't sure what they wanted but I was quickly tied to a chair while I tried to escape. They introduced themselves to me and I wasn't sure what they wanted from me, I watched as one of them grabbed my bag and dumped it on the floor after my phone rang then threw it against the wall and I watched it break.

Tyler: où est ton père?

where is your father?

I didn't say anything as I carefully watched as he pulled up a chair and make eye contact with me after he sat down.

Tyler: dites-nous où il est et nous vous laisserons partir.

tell us where he is and we will let you go.

I remained quiet and I felt a sharp stinging sensation on my face, I knew that the other guy had slapped me and I seen the angry expression on his face as he looked at me.

Blake: dis-nous où il est, salope.

tell us where he is bitch.

Tyler: ça suffit Blake, on nous a dit de ne pas lui faire de mal et si le patron découvre que tu l'as giflée, il ne sera pas content.

that's enough Blake, we were told not to harm her and if the boss finds out you slapped her, he isn't going to be happy.

Tyler: Je m'excuse pour la façon dont il agit Camille, il a un problème de colère.

I apologize for how he is acting Camille, he has an anger problem.

I let out a deep breath before I answered his question regarding my father even though I didn't want to be reminded of him.

Camille: mon père est décédé et j'espère qu'il pourrit en enfer.

my father passed away and I hope he is rotting in hell.

I heard them start laughing at what I just said before they placed a damp rag over my mouth and I had blacked out a few minutes later.

When I woke up I felt a soft blanket resting on my shoulder and I looked around while noticing that I was laying in my bed with no memory of how I got here until I seen Sam walk through the door with a plate of food.

Sam: hey guys, she's awake.

Camille: how did you guys get in the house?

Corey: so you do speak English?

Camille: don't change the subject Corey...

Jake: your brother let us in.

Camille: you guys shouldn't have come, if they return...

Zak: if who returns...?

Camille: the two guys that broke into my house while I was just getting home from work, they asked me about my father before I blacked out.

Colby: you shouldn't be living alone anymore...

Zak: I agree with Colby, you should be living with someone and have someone watching you at all times.

Camille: if that's your way of telling me that I need a bodyguard, I'm not doing that. It's too risky and I don't want anyone getting hurt or worse...

Jake: it's not safe for you to be alone.

Camille: I know it's not safe but it's clear that they are targeting me because of whatever my father did. I need to know what that is.

Zak: forget it Cam, I'm not going to have you risk your safety over someone who passed away.

Camille: it's not your decision to make Zak, I can't risk either of you guys getting injured because of me.

I watched as my brother left and heard the door slam.

Sam: your brother is right Camille, it's not worth you being harmed by whoever is bothering you.

Camille: I don't want you guys getting involved so can you please just stay away from now on.

Corey: we get that you feel like it's going to keep us from seeing you but the last thing we want to hear is that you are badly injured or worse.

Camille: I can't risk your guys safety, I know you all want to protect me but I won't watch you being hurt.

Colby: we care about you and we won't let you do this alone.

Camille: I care about you guys too and I don't want anything bad happening to any of you, can you please just give me some time to think if you really care about me?

Jake: I think we should give her a few days to think about what she wants to do, she obviously has a plan in mind.

Colby: I won't just sit around knowing that this might be the last time we see you again.

I knew that Colby felt differently about me and it wasn't the same as the others were feeling about me but he decided to give me some time anyway and left with the other three. I knew this would probably be the last time I would get to see them again and I had accepted my fate.