chapter 15

Mistakes were made

Camille's P.O.V

It had been several weeks since I last seen Zak, I had finally got my own place despite it being across the street from where Colby and the guys lived. They had come over often to make sure I was okay, Colby had cameras installed inside and out so he could an eye on me when they were away from home.

I had been sitting around watching television when I heard Colby walk through the door before he sat down next to me.

Colby: hey...

Camille: hi...

Colby: I know the last time we had dinner alone was a little awkward for you but I didn't mean to upset you. I just don't want anyone to hurt you especially me.

Camille: I'm not upset with you. I know you want to protect me but you were sending mixed signals and I...

Colby: I apologize for doing that, do you want to come hang out with us before we go on the road?

Camille: what place are you guys visiting this time?

Colby: we're going to an old mental asylum and I want you to come with us.

Camille: I don't know Colby....

Colby: please come with us Cam, I don't want you being stuck at home all the time.

Camille: fine I will go if it makes you feel better.

Colby: of course I will feel better. It will be fun I promise.

Camille: so when do we leave?

Colby: we will leave in the morning but tonight we will be having a movie night after dinner.

Camille: do I need to cook something?

Colby: no just bring yourself...

We sat around and didn't say anything else but we exchanged glances every once in awhile and I noticed that he immediately broke eye contact as soon as he seen me looking at him.

Camille: is there something wrong with me...?

Colby: what do you mean...?

Camille: because I noticed that you and Jake both take turns flirting with me...

Colby: I know that I said that I didn't want us being together right now but the truth is that I do have feelings for you and apparently Jake does as well but I don't want to hurt you...

Camille: you're not going to hurt me Colby and neither is Jake...

Colby: I just don't want to see you hurt anymore.

Camille: I'm not a teenager Colby, I'm a twenty-four year old woman. I can handle getting my heart broke.

Colby: maybe we can take things slow, I don't want anyone knowing that we are a couple until we are ready to tell everyone.

Camille: I don't want to rush things between us either but we need to do something about Jake, I don't want him thinking he has a chance of hooking up with me.

Colby: let me worry about that, he will eventually understand.

Things had got awkward between us when we were eating dinner with the guys and Devyn but we decided to sit together when we were at the theater but we sat where it was dark. I glanced at his hand after he placed it on the arm rest and I guess he seen me looking at his hand because I felt him slide his fingers between mine and closed his hand around mine.

Colby: you don't have to be scared to hold my hand Cam.

Camille: I know but we agreed to take things slow...

Colby: nobody can see us back here.

I was about to say something when I felt him kiss me on the cheek and I immediately got nervous again because I never had a guy kiss me before and I told him that which made him do it again butbthis time he kissed me on the lips.