chapter 14

Mixed feelings

Camille's P.O.V

Several days passed since I left Vegas behind and I was beginning to get homesick, I had been listening to the guys downstairs and overheard a female talking so I decided to close the door that way she wouldn't accuse whoever she was hanging out with of me, I heard my phone vibrate and seen that it was a text from Colby asking if I was okay and I quickly responded back telling him that I was even though it was a lie.

I felt like I was a prisoner all over again except this time I wasn't handcuffed in a basement somewhere wishing I was dead. I was sitting in the window looking outside when I heard someone knock on the door, I quietly walked to see who it was and seen Jake.

Camille: hi...?

Jake: hi, I know you're probably busy but we were going out and was wondering if you wanted to come with us.

Camille: sure, just give me a few minutes and I will be down.

I closed the door and looked through my clothes, I wasn't sure where we were going but I decided not to ask instead I waited to find out. I had rode with Colby while the others rode with Sam.

I found out that the female who showed up was Corey's girlfriend Devyn, she was a sweet woman from the little bit that I spoke with her.

After we got to the place Jake told me they had in mind before we left the house, I noticed we were at a theme park. I looked over at Colby because I was a little worried about being in a public place just in case something bad happens.

Camille: why are we here?

I seen the smile before he got out of the car and I did the same thing and walked around to the other side of the car, I felt his arms around my chest while he whispered in my ear.

Colby: it's going to be okay, just relax.

I felt him gently kiss the top of my head which received an 'aww' from Devyn.

Devyn: you two are so cute together, when did you both start dating?

Colby: we're not dating, just really close friends.

Devyn: well you sure fooled me but you two still look cute together either way...

After the others decided to do other things, Colby and I was left alone when he didn't get approached by his fans which I thought was sweet of him. I looked around for something to do and was about to walk away when I felt him grab my hand and pull me towards him.

Colby: you shouldn't be left alone.

Camille: I was just going to get a smoothie.

I couldn't help but notice how close I was standing to him and the way he was acting, it was obvious that he was nervous but he quickly played it off before we walked to get a smoothie.

I wasn't sure what he was thinking but I was determined to find out why he had become nervous around me.

We decided to walk on the beach after he won a small stuffed plush toy and just talked while we got to know each other a little more than we already did and he asked the one question that I wanted to avoid.

Colby: so Camille, I noticed that you never speak of this but where is your mother?

Camille: she died after I got to France.

I tried to hold back the tears but thinking of her didn't help and Colby noticed that I was upset, I felt his arms gently wrap around me and I laid my head against his chest while I cried.

Colby: I didn't realize that it was a painful memory for you, I'm sorry for asking.

I looked up at him and felt him wipe the tears from my face when I seen him look in my eyes, I felt like there was something he wanted to say but he never did instead he kept playing it off like it was nothing.

Colby: we should get something to eat, I wouldn't want your brother thinking I don't feed you.

I watched as he stood up and pulled me up and we stood in front of each other before we headed back to the car, I felt his hand in mine as we walked through the crowd and I was expecting him to let go of my hand but he never did and I did the last thing I thought I would ever do, I gently pushed my finger in-between his and closed my hand which made him look at me while we continued walking. After we got to the car he let go of my hand and immediately opened the door for me, I quickly sat down and closed the door while he got inside beside me. I was about to say something when I heard the car crank up and he begun driving to get a bite to eat before we headed back to the house.

After we got to the restaurant, I sat down across from him and I watched as he put on the tough guy act again which I thought was a little cute. I watched as he pulled a slice pizza away from the tray while I watched him closely and he seen me looking at him.

Colby: are you going to eat or look at me the entire time. I know I'm good looking but you need to eat too.

Camille: you don't have to do that around me...

Colby: do what?

Camille: put on the tough guy act, I like you for who you are.

Colby: you like me?

Camille: as a friend, not unless you feel differently towards me.

Colby: I don't think it is going to happen but I will like for us to stay friends.

Camille: it's cause of Zak isn't it?

Colby: mostly yeah, I don't think it would be wise to upset him since you're going through this thing, he asked me to look after you and I don't need to let my guard down in case I need to protect you.

Camille: I understand that you made a promise to my brother but he isn't here Colby and I don't think that you should pretend to be a warrior fighting a battle.

Colby: I know that you are developing feelings but I don't think it will be a good idea for us to be together right now.

Camille: okay...

We spent the rest of the time quietly eating, he paid for the food and we left. I watched as he focused on driving back to the house. I headed to my room and closed the door before getting a shower and heading to bed