chapter 19

Tracked

Cameron's P.O.V

A few days passed since I let Colby and Sam see the changes that were made, but it wasn't enough to stop them from looking for me. I was hanging out with Dakota when I seen them, I tried not to draw attention to myself but I did let him know that they were here.

Cameron: can we go somewhere else...?

Dakota: yeah, just act like you don't see them.

I walked out of the store with him following close behind me as we headed back to his car. I wasn't sure what they wanted from me but I knew that they weren't going to stop looking so I decided to come up with a plan to sneak away from my brother and allow myself to be tracked.

I waited patiently for the guys to go to sleep and I snuck out through the backdoor, I headed back to the last place I seen them and I seen my father talking to someone before they split up. I quickly approached him and he immediately made me get into the vehicle with him while we waited for the other guy to get in the truck with us before we left this place.

Her dad: I can't believe that you would have me arrested Camille...

Cameron: you left me alone to die and what kind of father wants his daughter dead?

Her dad: you're not my daughter, your mother slept with someone else and got pregnant with you.

Cameron: so that's why you had her killed, I'm not understanding why you are wanting to harm me.

Her dad: because I don't want the reminder of what she did walking around a second longer.

Cameron: it's not my fault she hurt you, I just want you to quit looking for me.

Her dad: is that why you come here?

Cameron: yes, I just want to live my life without looking over my shoulder every five minutes.

Her dad: Stop the car Tyler.

I felt the car slowing down before it completely stopped. I wasn't sure what he had in mind but he quickly opened the door and looked at me.

Her dad: I won't have them look for you anymore when you leave here, the city is back the other direction.

Cameron: thank you for giving me what I asked for.

I got out of the vehicle and watched it started moving again after I closed the door, I begun walking back towards the city when I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. I looked at it and noticed that Zak was calling me and I knew that I had some explaining to do.