chapter 12

His voice

Camille's P.O.V

After learning that I had been here for two days, I had learned that I had felt like a zombie due to the amount of pain relievers I had been given along with having something to keep my heart rate from getting out of control, I couldn't do anything but sleep all the time while I slowly healed from the wounds I endured. I had found out that my brother had been contacted about me and he showed up with Colby even though I didn't want them seeing me this way. I couldn't voice my opinion and I seen how upset they were after seeing me in the position that I was currently in.

Nurse: I understand that your sister had been shot in the chest multiple times but the bullets didn't damage anything important and even though she doesn't look like it, she is expected to make a full recovery but it is going to take longer than we expected.

Zak: how long has she been here?

Nurse she's been here over a week now.

Colby: can she talk?

Nurse: she can talk but it might be painful to her, she lost the use of one of her vocal cords.

Zak: what does that mean?

Nurse: it is possible for her to speak with only one functioning vocal cord, but the voice quality is raspy and weak and of lower pitch. So it might be difficult for her to talk sometimes.

Colby: can she hear good?

Nurse: I don't think anyone has tested her hearing but you're more than welcome to see if she can hear with both of her ears.

I listened to what the nurse said and I watched as Colby snapped in both of my ears and I decided to let him know that I could hear just fine even though I couldn't talk all that great.

I felt my eyes getting heavy after being given a strong pain reliever and hearing Colby telling Zak that he would stay with me which he did.

I felt him gently grab my hand and I fell asleep shortly after Zak left.