chapter 25

Like family

Cameron's P.O.V

I moved out of Zak's house and back to my place with Sam and Colby only to realize that they weren't here. I went to my room and laid back on the bed after I sent a text to Colby letting him know that I returned home, I knew he was probably in Kansas still and I didn't send him another text so he could spend time with his family.

Two days passed and they finally returned home from their trip, I was worried that something happened so I didn't say a word as I watched them walk through the front door.

Colby: hey you...

Cameron: hey...

Sam: did you have a good Christmas?

Cameron: I wish I did but there was drama so...

Colby: what happened babe...?

Cameron: Zak's dad has a problem with me being part of the family...

Colby: but you're Zak's sister, why would that be a problem?

Cameron: because I...

I let out a deep sigh and felt Sam gently rub my back.

Sam: whatever happened isn't your fault and we are here for you...

Colby: is it cause of the operation you had done?

Cameron: no, it goes further than that. Zak and I aren't blood related. His mom adopted me when I was still a baby and his dad well he...

Sam: he treats you different from the rest of Zak's family?

Cameron: yeah...

Colby: you don't deserve to be treated any different than the others

Cameron: I think it's better if I stopped visiting on family gatherings and celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas alone from now on...

Colby: nonsense, nobody deserves being alone on the holidays. Sam and I can invite our families over here to celebrate from now on so you don't have to be alone.

Cameron: that's sweet of you but I don't want to intrude on you two spending time with your family...

Sam: you are family Cam even if you aren't blood related.